General

Is it possible to gain fat heathily?

I know that fat bodies can be healthy in themselves but is gaining fat unhealthy? I Like if someone were to want to gain weight intentionally would that be unhealthy even if they gained from good foods? Thanks!
4 years

Health is kind of a sliding scale. Beyond a certain point there are always diminishing returns. You can be obese and still live a normal length life, depending on your genes and medical care. People in my family (grandparents, great grandparents) make it to their 80s or 90s despite life long obesity.

But you are more likely to face complications the heavier and older you get, especially for men with heart disease risk. It is also a cancer risk, but again there's a strong genetic component to that so maybe there is no reasonable concern for that for you.

If you do decide to gain or be fat anyway, despite the risks, than yes eating healthier is probably going to be better for you long term and minimize certain risks - whereas eating lots of bad stuff will increase your risk.

Eating a lot of sugary foods, or other simply carbs, while useful for gaining weight quickly, can increase risk of diabetes which is something you really want to avoid. Most people will probably be fine pigging out on sweets and junk food all the time while they are young, but it should really be avoided if you are already obese and over 35.

(none of the above should be construed as medical advice, please get your blood tested regularly for A1C and Cholesterol, give your doctor a good family history of things like heart disease, diabetes and cancer, and consult them honestly about your health and weight goals).
4 years

A big part of this is activity level. Being a couch potato is unhealthy at any weight.
4 years

Avocados?
4 years