Fat experiences

Am i the only person shamed by family for abrupt weight gain

You're not alone. My family are very anti fat and consequently judgmental. It's not easy I know ((hugs))
3 years

I went through the same thing about twelve years ago. I moved about four to six hours away and got me a place off to myself and I met an older female who taught me to experience the whole feeder experience and two years later I was at four hundred and my family tried to destroy my sense if self but when I got back; I had to own that I control how I feel about me and that is what matters. I had to be like the hell with my family and so I went out and only dealt with folks who were on the same page as I am on. I blocked my family off of Facebook and they could only call or text me. The truth is, the fat life will ostracize you from most people so you have to learn how to make friends who support you beyond the fat too because there are plenty of folks who will try to get off with just having that fat guy around. The hardest part is finding folks who get it like you get it...
3 years

glutton:
You're not alone. My family are very anti fat and consequently judgmental. It's not easy I know ((hugs))
This is the life of us Fatties. I remember reading a story years ago about how some fat folks had family members who did the same thing so they started going out to find like minded folks and this applies here. Sometimes you had to seek out those to build a family and let your own kin be who they are and love them from afar....
3 years

Feedeeboy:
I don’t see my family very often (every few months), but the last time I saw them was the first time they seen me since I dedicated my body to weight gain.. needless to say they were disgusted with my fat body and they picked me to pieces and really let me have it. I did gain around 30 pounds or so since last time I seen them so it obviously was a surprise to them but I’m just wondering if anybody’s been in the same position with family? I was very upset with how my family treated me for being a little overweight but when I got home and surrounded myself with good food and treats I managed to block all the negativity. If I’m ever going to go near my family again I need to be prepared to be judged I feel like there’s no way around it

It's hard for family to adjust. When my husband started fattening up his family was relentless. It took a long time for them to stop asking him "to go on a walk" or bike ride. It's going to take a while, but they will get the message eventually.
3 years

Feedeeboy:
I don’t see my family very often (every few months), but the last time I saw them was the first time they seen me since I dedicated my body to weight gain.. needless to say they were disgusted with my fat body and they picked me to pieces and really let me have it. I did gain around 30 pounds or so since last time I seen them so it obviously was a surprise to them but I’m just wondering if anybody’s been in the same position with family? I was very upset with how my family treated me for being a little overweight but when I got home and surrounded myself with good food and treats I managed to block all the negativity. If I’m ever going to go near my family again I need to be prepared to be judged I feel like there’s no way around it

TheWhipHand:
It's hard for family to adjust. When my husband started fattening up his family was relentless. It took a long time for them to stop asking him "to go on a walk" or bike ride. It's going to take a while, but they will get the message eventually.
It is a situation by situation basis. Truth is, most folks want to obey social norms because it is a form of status and when you have a lifestyle outside that it will allow your family to say things under the facade that they love you. I say, let them be and create and find those who reciprocate immediately and can comprehend your journey. You can't help whom you are born to but you can help those whom you hang around the most....
3 years

I'm never so big but I'm a yo-yo who ups and downs about 40 lbs. Thing is I can gain REALLY fast and people will say things or be a bit confused as to why it happens. I'm wondering has anyone straight up tried saying "I really like being fat!"? I thought about this and how it could possibly stop people in their tracks. Has anyone tried this? I'm transgender....people are already confused about me so I might as well be whatever the fuck I want at this point. I want to be done trying to look like something for anyone and instead concentrate on feeling really good.
3 years

Extended family hasn't seen me in 6 months and a few people did make comments the last I visited. I took it as it should be expected since I'm gaining on purpose. But when friends came to visit, my wifes best friend was very blunt on how noticeably fatter I have become. I just hope the next time family sees me I'm even more obviously obese.
3 years

When the weight really started to show in me the negativity I got from my family was epic! I remember one Thanksgiving my weight gain seemed to be the sole topic of dinner. I believe my family just imagined I was subjecting myself to a life of loneliness and sadness. I believe the best response is living your life to the fullest. I always remind them of the shows, concerts and vacations with friends I take. I have also traveled the world more than any of them. Despite their criticism I live a live that shows being fat is not synonymous with apathy.
3 years

californiabay:
When the weight really started to show in me the negativity I got from my family was epic! I remember one Thanksgiving my weight gain seemed to be the sole topic of dinner. I believe my family just imagined I was subjecting myself to a life of loneliness and sadness. I believe the best response is living your life to the fullest. I always remind them of the shows, concerts and vacations with friends I take. I have also traveled the world more than any of them. Despite their criticism I live a live that shows being fat is not synonymous with apathy.
Exactly. Most families take on the cultural norms of the overall society because for our parents; making successful children who follow the norms becomes paramount. They don't realize that there is more than one way to be successful. The fatter I got, the more I traveled. You are correct and you have to live your life and love them from afar
3 years

Bear in mind that the entire mainstream media assault since Marilyn Monroe has been that thin is better. Fat = unhealthy, lack of willpower, lazy, something negative to be turned around ASAP.

I'll be honest, my fear of mainstream judgement (including my wife's) keeps me from just letting go and blowing up.
3 years
12   loading