Fat experiences

Am i the only person shamed by family for abrupt weight gain

ssaylleb:
Bear in mind that the entire mainstream media assault since Marilyn Monroe has been that thin is better. Fat = unhealthy, lack of willpower, lazy, something negative to be turned around ASAP.

I'll be honest, my fear of mainstream judgement (including my wife's) keeps me from just letting go and blowing up.
And that is why I have to make sure that anyone that I date knows what I am from the onset. Truth is, I am realizing that I might have to date someone who is into this like I am
4 years

No, sadly, you are not. I went from 90 pounds to 245 in a year and a half and I nobody in my family likes it constantly giving me weight loss tips and numbers to dietitians.
4 years

My wife's siblings were all overweight since early teenage years. And they've really blimped up in their 20's. My wife was bone skinny until after marriage. And their parents had accepted that.

So I honestly think there was an unspoken jealous "we figured your starving @** would finally let yourself go" kind of attitude toward my wife's gain.
3 years

Oh yes I caught all kinds of mean comments mostly from my mother.
When I first started to gain I was 26 years old approx and had my own place, she made snide comments like you are turning into a fat ass what man is going to want you.
She tends to be a very rude NYC lady. She thinks she is fat at 100 lbs LOL.
Years later after I had gained almost 100 lbs I admitted I gained on purpose. She went off and scolded me for hours. I finally told her to mind her own business.
She still gets onto me about being 360 lbs.
3 years

John Smith:
That is so mean.

Yep. My wife came from her dad's previous marriage. So her fat step-siblings she grew up with always viewed her as a semi-outsider and always had some weird axe to grind.
3 years

mywifefeedsme:
Extended family hasn't seen me in 6 months and a few people did make comments the last I visited. I took it as it should be expected since I'm gaining on purpose. But when friends came to visit, my wifes best friend was very blunt on how noticeably fatter I have become. I just hope the next time family sees me I'm even more obviously obese.

Did your wife love this and how did she react? How did it make you feel initially... a blush or a proud feeling?
3 years

Xpandedprincess:
I’ve been overweight my whole life and about 4 years ago I lost 40 pounds and actually started looking skinny. I received praise from family. Then I stopped working out and started eating more. And I kept filling out and gaining more. The heaviest person in my family is my fat uncle who weighs 250lbs but now I outweigh him by 50lbs. Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction at Christmas when I stuff my face and let my belly hang out a bit. They will not be expecting me at over 300 pounds.

Keep us posted... You're looking great in your pics and videos. As long as it feels good to carry the weight, why not? After all, it's YOUR body, not theirs!
3 years

NakaiLovesBlubber:
yeah the me still living with my parents is the biggest reason for me not letting myself even try gaining weight to experiment, let alone just blow up

It is a personal decision of yours to make. If your family situation precludes your goals, then the solution is to seek self-sufficiency (work, save, build credit, apartment...).

Nothing good comes from complacency. I made a similar decision around your age, except it was that my BBW girlfriend at the time was not welcome by my family.

It was a decision that changed my life, hers, and my parents' ideology for the best, successful still, nearly 20 years later.
3 years
12   loading