Feedback and suggestions

A few suggestions for the site

Hi, FF team. I really enjoy this site. It has a great community and wonderful content, but there are many things about it that, to be frank, make the site difficult or downright annoying to use. I understand that programming/maintaining a website is hard work. With that being said, I think the following changes would be relatively simple to make, and would vastly improve the usability of the site:

1. Please allow us to have uppercase letters in story titles. Formatting it all to lowercase looks unprofessional and is slowly driving me insane!

2. Please, please, please remove or increase the character limit for chapters! 10,000 characters is very strict, and I end up having to split my chapters into several smaller chapters to get around it. This breaks the flow of my scenes and hurts the reader's immersion.

3. Make it possible to use italics in stories (e.g. for when a character is thinking)

4. Please stop forcing "Chapter X" at the start of every chapter title. As I said before, due to the 10,000 character limit, I often have to split my chapters into several pieces. Because every new 'chapter' has this forced at the beginning of its title, it's gotten to the point where my story is on chapter 21, but the final part of that chapter appears as 'chapter 32' on the site. This is confusing for my readers!

5. Make it possible to reply directly to comments.
4 years

Thanks for your feedback, some interesting points for us to consider. What do you think would be a reasonable character limit for chapters?
4 years

hiccupx:
Thanks for your feedback, some interesting points for us to consider. What do you think would be a reasonable character limit for chapters?

Thanks for the quick response! If it's doable, I think doubling the limit to 20,000 would easily fix the issue.
4 years

I could care less about #1, but the other 4 are great suggestions (though I've had issues with the minimum character limit as much as the maximum lol)
4 years