Gaining

Losing weight and still feeling huge

You lose fat and muscle, but gain only fat.
3 years

Regained weight always comes on a little softer and flabbier then before. Something about the fat cells settling on your body. Where as when it's a continuous gain, that fat seems to pack in tighter. Maybe because when we're growing our skin is more taunt and giving us more resistance and a firmer feel.
3 years

Grizz:
Regained weight always comes on a little softer and flabbier then before. Something about the fat cells settling on your body. Where as when it's a continuous gain, that fat seems to pack in tighter. Maybe because when we're growing our skin is more taunt and giving us more resistance and a firmer feel.

becomingoverweight:
It's absolutely none of that. There are 2 main fat deposits in the body. Subcutaneous fat is the soft fat which deposits right under the skin all over the body. Visceral fat deposits under the abdominal muscles around the internal organs. It feels hard due to its location. The body preferentially loses visceral fat. As a result, losing weight and then regaining it results in a higher percentage of your fat being subcutaneous.

So then it's partially what I said...Definitely didn't explain in any type of scientific way, so thanks for that, nor did I claim to know at all. Visceral fat turning into subcutaneous could be certainly be considered setting over time. No need to call me out, I was just offering my opinion.
3 years