Gaining

Prednisone and gaining

Anyone have any experience being prescribed prednisone or other similar steroids and gaining from it?

I’ve always heard that it can cause rapid weight gain and thought about find an excuse to get a prescription to try it short term
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

All pharmaceuticals are bad for your health but they are prescribed when the harm they will definitely do is less than the good they are intended to do.

Weightgain is obviously something good but I'm not sure a doctor would agree. This prednisone suppresses the immune system which can only be a good idea if it's actually attacking you.

I like the way you're thinking though. Go through these forums for other drugs that put on weight. The anti-depressants tend to. Insulin does because that's actually how it works. Insulin is a type of growth hormone. It makes the body store fat rather than burn sugar. This is why diabetics who take insulin should cut down on sugar. Often the reason they have sugar in their blood is the body does not want to get any fatter. Taking Insulin forces them to get fatter.

Too much sugar in your blood won't kill you but too little will. Taking too much Insulin can kill you in minutes.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

High:
I worked with a woman in her twenties who had bad asthma. She was prescribed this and went from about 180 lbs to over 500 lbs in 3-4 years. She was not looking to gain, so the benefit and enjoyment was lost on her.

Well that amount of benefit (320lbs) maybe worth the risk the drug presents.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

Pummeluff:
DON'T DO THAT !!!!!
Seriously, don't! Drink heavy cream, eat tons of fried food, but don't self-medicate yourself with that stuff.

^this.
It's not any fun anyway. It's hella monitored and kept track. I have to take some medication for some mental health conditions and gaining from medication is kind of a weird thing anyway. If you want to gain any more than that small amount it gets tracked. Hard to explain you're gaining intentionally and not to track it because there's more than one variable in that equation. WG is a pretty serious side effect though if it's in excess because it indicates something else is hella off.

Anyway, definately don't take medication unless you need it. Stuff like that can really mess you up unless you absolutely need it.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

Look up Cushing's Syndrome and you'll find out every reason why that is an awful idea.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

I was only thinking short term for a kick starter. I’ve wanted to gain forever but never go through with it. Part of it is lack of appetite/capacity. I kicked around the antidepressants as an idea as well but worried they would affect my mental acuity.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

Pummeluff:
DON'T DO THAT !!!!!
Seriously, don't! Drink heavy cream, eat tons of fried food, but don't self-medicate yourself with that stuff.

plumpingup:
^this.
It's not any fun anyway. It's hella monitored and kept track. I have to take some medication for some mental health conditions and gaining from medication is kind of a weird thing anyway. If you want to gain any more than that small amount it gets tracked. Hard to explain you're gaining intentionally and not to track it because there's more than one variable in that equation. WG is a pretty serious side effect though if it's in excess because it indicates something else is hella off.

Anyway, definately don't take medication unless you need it. Stuff like that can really mess you up unless you absolutely need it.

^ Both of these and all other posts recommending against it.

I had to take Prednisone of medical necessity. I absolutely permanently gained about 15-20 pounds… of muscle—and i was not working out.

Anyone thinking of doing this should read again all the side-effects and issues, and then make some other choice. Seriously: eating mountains of processed junk food would be less worse than taking this to fatten.

Anecdotally it seems like genetic females do far better gaining fat on this stuff. (Happened to someone who’s now a model in our [greater fatlovesex] community—at least one that i know of.)
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

Selkie:
Just out of interest, did she turn Cushingoid, with a huge belly, boobs upper back & fat face with slimmer hips & legs? Or did she just put on weight in the same shape as before? I'm not going to do it but I just want to know if the effects are as pronounced as the literature makes out.

Unfortunately i can’t answer that because i never saw what she looked like before the Prednisone was long past in her history. She’d already fully adopted the fat/feedist lifestyle and living fully as a BBW at least a year prior. Then through now her fat distribution has been typical SSBBW all over.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

If you’re going to take a medication to help you gain weight, you should probably use something less dangerous than prednisone- heed everyone’s warnings about the side effects, they’re serious! You’d be better off just getting some appetite stimulants.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

finickyfeedee:
If you’re going to take a medication to help you gain weight, you should probably use something less dangerous than prednisone- heed everyone’s warnings about the side effects, they’re serious! You’d be better off just getting some appetite stimulants.

Like what? Any suggestions for an appetite stimulant
3 years
12   loading