Gaining

Prednisone and gaining

Does anyone know if this will give you manboobs?
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

johnxyz:
Does anyone know if this will give you manboobs?

One data point: Didn’t for me. If it had, i might have been less opposed to it. Then again it can be so intensely awful for health in the long term, even if it had i likely would have backed out as quickly as i did anyway. I have one of those conditions/diseases where it is THE standard drug for when things get bad, and from that one time decades ago, i don’t ever want that stuff in me again.

Now you only need several hundred more data points to start drawing a meaningful conclusion.
3 years

Prednisone and gaining

I'm tapering off prednisone right now. Yes, it can cause weight gain, but I do not recommend taking it for that purpose. The side effects can be awful.

I've been gaining with heavy whipping cream, which normally causes the body to gain subcutaneous fat. Thanks to the prednisone, I've been developing more of a beer belly, with plenty of visceral fat, which is not healthy.

I don't have a large appetite, either. Trying to gain weight by overeating didn't work for me. That's why I'm using heavy whipping cream.

If you're interested, try using heavy whipping cream. Drink no more than 10 fluid ounces at a time, at least 2 hours apart. See if that works for you.
3 years
12   loading