General

Gaining too slowly to notice any difference.

I've been skinny my whole life. I wanted to gain ~20 pounds as fast as possible to feel like what it's like, then lose it. The problem is that it has taken me a year to gain 20 lbs and as a result I don't feel like I'm any fatter than before. Logically I know I've gained weight since all my clothes fit differently, but I don't really feel any different.

I want to gain another 20 lbs but I'm afraid that if I keep gaining slowly I'll never feel any different and never lose the weight.

Has anyone else been in this position?
3 years

I gain pretty slowly too. It's taken me all of this year to put on about 15 pounds which has been nice and also frustrating. I've put on about 10 pounds over quarantine alone which has been odd since I've never gained that fast before (some of it it's muscle from finally being able to do yoga every day though).

In the long run though it's healthier and better on your body to put on weight at a slower rate. If you want, you can document your progress through pictures and videos for yourself and that sometimes keeps me motivated.

Best of luck to you!
3 years

I agree 100% with the previous response.

Maintaining your health and allowing your body to grow at a natural pace is very important and documenting your progress over time can help you see the difference.

Every person and body are different, from the way they look to the way they gain or lose wait. You shouldn't get discouraged by the pace with which yours is growing and should celebrate even the littlest of changes. You are doing awesome and you've earned it.

P.S. I'm not a gainer, but I struggle with gaining weight due to health problems. The only time I usually notice it is my clothes being tighter ... so maybe being slower to change the sizes you wear, and allowing yourself to feel them growing tighter is a way to get the feeling you are looking for 😊
3 years