Lifestyle tips

Question about hygiene and large backsides?

Hello. Thank you for reading.

My girlfriend has always had a very pronounced backside, even before I met her, and has always been very cautious about her hygiene in that reason as such.

After we moved in together, she started gaining some weight (mostly unintentionally), and as one would imagine, this has led to her butt getting quite a lot bigger. At first, this was not a problem to her (in fact, she quite enjoyed the effects it had on me), but she hasn't really stopped gaining weight since she started, which is leading to a situation where the added fat is making it harder for her to wipe.

So my question is:

To those with a (very) large backside who have encountered issues with wiping, what are some ways to overcome this issue/make the issue easier to manage?

For reference, my girlfriend is currently pushing 400 at about 5'5''. Not sure of the particular measurement of her butt, but it is one of her most prominent features. Neither of us are very flexible, nor are we very active at the moment.

I have considered getting a bidet for home use, as I think that would be helpful, but that doesn't help with outside of the house. I'm particularly interested in any methods that would help in public situations.

Thank you in advance for the advice!
3 years

A bidet is probably the best thing to do other wise more tp will be needed unless you help each other of course
3 years

My wife has a similar issue, short arms with a longer torso and apple shaped belly. She has to put her arm on the toilet seat, paper in hand, and then kinda sit on her arm to be able to reach.
That is the biggest issue she has with her weight,
3 years

im 630 and i have same issue wipes i preferable like walmart brand flushables my arms are to little so you gotta lay on bed while wipin herself or you do it but whiles help also every couple days make sure she uses hot rags cause she could get to much problems with moisoure also plz keep belly button clean and dried girls extra big get boils and bleed from belly button alot
3 years

I'm in the same boat as her (short, big butt) and have the exact same problems. I've even asked others for advice on this myself in the past. Here's what seems to work for me right now.

1) flushable wipes help TREMENDOUSLY. I prefer Target's brand (Up and Up) because I find they don't fall apart when you're wiping. Much better than Walmart brand, Cottonelle, or the (IMO) terrible smelling Charmin.

2) The way you position yourself to wipe is important. I scootch myself forward on the seat so most of me is hanging off, and my feet go around to the right side. (because I'm a righty) I turn and brace myself with my left hand on the wall to the right, or a railing if there is one (like in a public toilet). It just so happens in my rental, an old person lived here before us so there's a handle between the toilet and the shower in the wall, and I hang onto that. With this position and reaching, I can wipe. (Also, frankly, it helps to not have to go first thing in the morning. To be a little more awake at first and more limber before doing this. Although obviously one can't usually pick when it's time.)

3) I don't own a bidet or a bidet attachment. In part because, frankly, I'm terrified if I get one, I'm going to stop reaching around so much, and then not be able to do it, and someday I'll be out and about and need to wipe after #2 and not be able to reach. (esp. in that I have medical issues that sometimes when I need to #2 is... unpredicable) I *want* to keep stretching and reaching, esp. as I've lost a lot of other mobility.

4) What I *do* own, though, is a hand held shower nozzle, which I occasionally use for washing down there. I sit on my tub, feet out of it, my butt hanging over into the tub, and rinse myself off that way. I usually wipe once with a flushable wipe before doing this to get the vast majority of it off. (Also, this super helps with menstrual period cleanup.)

Really, I can't recommend a hand held shower nozzle enough for fat hygiene. And it's just something that screws on your shower, so it's no problem for a rental.

I hope this helps!
3 years

vicsage:
Hello. Thank you for reading.

My girlfriend has always had a very pronounced backside, even before I met her, and has always been very cautious about her hygiene in that reason as such.

After we moved in together, she started gaining some weight (mostly unintentionally), and as one would imagine, this has led to her butt getting quite a lot bigger. At first, this was not a problem to her (in fact, she quite enjoyed the effects it had on me), but she hasn't really stopped gaining weight since she started, which is leading to a situation where the added fat is making it harder for her to wipe.

So my question is:

To those with a (very) large backside who have encountered issues with wiping, what are some ways to overcome this issue/make the issue easier to manage?

For reference, my girlfriend is currently pushing 400 at about 5'5''. Not sure of the particular measurement of her butt, but it is one of her most prominent features. Neither of us are very flexible, nor are we very active at the moment.

I have considered getting a bidet for home use, as I think that would be helpful, but that doesn't help with outside of the house. I'm particularly interested in any methods that would help in public situations.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

One of those shower bidets is great. You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon. What I would avoid is a cheap amazon purchased bidet seat for the toilet. We had one and a larger friend cracked it moving forward off it.
3 years