Fat experiences

Can clothes shape a belly?

As I gain and get bigger, I'm wondering if where I wear my pants could end up "shaping" my belly? If I wear them higher up closer to my belly button, will it get a double belly effect, rather than wearing them under and getting one round belly? Is it genetics? What you eat? How fast you gain? Just curious. I'd prefer to rock one round belly. smiley
3 years

Isn’t this similar to the logic behind corsetry? Without the bone breaking obviously.
Tighter items seem to leave more of a mark, and deeper, for longer.
3 years

I believe Phoenix is right and onto something with that. A lot of things can be influenced with physical restraint but I don't think you wear your pants long enough for that to happen. Just have to eat more!

PhoenixChimera: Isn’t this similar to the logic behind corsetry? Without the bone breaking obviously.
Tighter items seem to leave more of a mark, and deeper, for longer.[/quote]
3 years

becomingoverweight:
I have no empirical scientific data on this so I can't say for sure but it'd make sense if persistent creasing of the skin by the belly button led to the development of a roll.

ExpandingCuriosity:
This is why I tend to wear my pants under my belly.

^ exactly my thought process too.
3 years

Interesting points about corseting. I guess that *would* be *very* similar to what I asked about, I hadn't thought about that. (I have friends into it and no, no broken bones.) Also, it's not permanent body shaping. So I guess all of that applies to pant positioning/wearing, too.

With that said, my pants might make that decision for me, as this weekend my shorts kept sliding under when I moved around. LOL! Fine by me, I like the way it looks. smiley
3 years