General

Why are fa's so closeted?

Louiefat:
I've been open about my preferences since middle school. Which did no go over well. That being said, FA's are 'so closeted' because they've been told they're mentally ill monsters their entire lives, and over half the fat girls they are attracted to and approach to tend to agree.

This is true too. The first two heavier girls I dated refused to believe that I thought they were beautiful, that the bits I enjoyed weren't ugly like they'd always been told. People get conditioned by society and it's hard to break through that conditioning. It's not impossible, but it's hard for most.
3 years

c00kie:
Do people still get hit on in public? I thought everyone only dated online these days haha...

Seriously though to the OP... I have experienced the same thing, or had a lack of experience of this. Usually the only time it happens is when people are doing the 'pull a pig' joke or it's back handed flirtation, 'you're pretty for a big girl', which puts me off instantly.

I always felt that it was a shame thing on part of the FA. Although they like you and like big guys and gals... They don't want friends or family to know. It's easy for them to hide their preference if they are not already big themselves... and like some of the other posters have put... They can continue fitting into the norm and not be ridiculed, unlike fat people who have to deal with it on a daily basis.

I promised myself a long time ago and I think you should do something similar... I won't date anyone who is ashamed of me. Regardless of size or any other feature about myself physical or otherwise. Do not date closet FA's... It does not make for a good relationship. You wont feel fulfilled, you wont feel good enough, and it will take a toll on your self worth.

I know that seems a little negative but that's the way the c00kie crumbles!

NogutNoglory:
I think that is a great standard to have! You should never date anyone who is ashamed of you!

My answer to this question in short is most guys don’t have balls, period. It’s pathetic. Who are they hanging out with that is so judgmental? Like maybe get some new friends?
It is not even the friends; it depends on which stage of development he is in and we males are taught there are certain things one should have in place and if one doesn't then we are taught that something is wrong with us. It is like this concept that I learned about as an undergraduate called the Casanova Complex in which society expects that guy to get as much sex as he possibly can and if he doesn't then something is wrong with him but those are the tropes we males are taught. Most just go along with it.
3 years

I personally have always been attracted to bigger women and I could care less about it because I was happy to be dating my type and yeah I saw other males feel shame for it but I told them when you go after what you are attracted to that even if you get rejected by her; at least you tried to talk to her and to me that is a win win. But after so many dry spells, I became fatter over time and I started to notice that I had so many fit females come up to me secretly because they were ashamed of their likes due to we residing in one of the top fittest areas in the nation. The fatter I became, the bigger women were not only self conscious of themselves but embarrassed of their attraction to obese males. On both sides, it is an overt need to belong and any other likes other than the "norm" is seen as some abnormality when it is nothing of the sort.
3 years

As an FA myself I almost always worry about how would a girl react when I tell them that I’m a attracted to big girls, or let alone bellies.

Unfortunately whenever I bring up the belly topic the conversation goes awkward or the “I hate my belly” comment. So that’s why I usually am closed off outside this fetish environment.

But another thing I was thinking is that sometimes even FAs get just as much hate as for BBW or SSBBW. People would think that we’re f****ed up for why we like this.

However I have had success in the past and it does feel really nice for some girl to be completely fine with what I like, and that’s why it means a lot to me!

To make a long story short: I understand that being a BBW or BHM can be difficult, but being something who is attracted to them is even harder.
3 years

seven8the9:
I'm a fat girl and over the years, the fact that less people have hit on me in public has taken a toll on my confidence. Now that I'm older , I know better (most of the time) that there ARE people out there that prefer bigger, fatter bodies.

Why are you all so quiet about it in real life?!

I mean, of course there are the societal norms and pressures... but could someone explain it to me simply, laymen terms?

No closet here :-) I’ve enjoyed the company of gaining or fat ladies all my life. My wife is a proud 305 pounds and we couldn’t be happier :-)
3 years

Because its not acceptable by society to find fat bodies beautiful.

Though saying that if you openly admit your a fat admirer in public. Chances are you will be branded a fetishit. So I really keep my fat admiration to fat safe spaces such as fantasy feeder.

And in public I just say "I find all bodies beautiful" and "fatness doesn't bother me" if they mention they are fat.
3 years

Loveafatpiggy:
as much to what Namaste said a good reason and is ture for most I sure is its not acceptable by society is to find obese or obesity sexy.

personally for me I find even admitting anywhere that be publicly or even online your are female fat admirer is difficulty and you always get hate and shamed for finding, individuals that are big beautifully.

So I really try to keep this part of my identity and life in friendly and safe spaces such as this site and others although others like Feabie and a few others are totally toxic and full of haters.

Most dating/fetish sites these days have toxic people, haters, incels, pervs and creeps. Just some more than other.

Id say this is the only fat positive site that cracks down on incels, haters, pervs,bullies and toxic people correctly.
3 years

Maybe as you get older there's less single guys in your age group to hit on you. Could be your not hanging out in the same places you did a few years ago. Who knows really.
3 years

Meepmeep:
Location, location, location.
In bigger cities with the fat acceptance movement you have more leeway. I openly tell people I don't mind bigger girls at work and get chuckles. You do have alot of pushback from people who feel it is being forced upon them with billboards and shaming and although it is a small percentage I do see it. If a man in Chicago explain to your average woman here that he rejected a woman even respectfully for just a few too many pounds he is satan incarnate. Can't speak on much more as far as personal experience goes. I was in the closet because people instantly associated my love for bigger girls with the crazies that expect forced gains against their will.

One girl I knew in highschool told people I forced her to gain weight even though I never saw her outside of school to feed her because of family issues. She didn't have a problem with me liking big girls when she was the one I liked. I was respectful of her even when being intimate, never shamed her in either direction. You preferences can be a liability later, like bdsm into domestic abuse. Not saying every claim is fake, nor am I saying it is the vast majority of people just be aware that it does happen.

Oakland CA, and literally any city in the South is a great place to be fat and to love fat. Portland is a piece of shit thou, and basically every city in the PNW, when it comes to plus size acceptance. The whole region is one big Nike commercial
3 years

Namaste:
Because its not acceptable by society to find fat bodies beautiful.

Though saying that if you openly admit your a fat admirer in public. Chances are you will be branded a fetishit. So I really keep my fat admiration to fat safe spaces such as fantasy feeder.

Many times by your own partner! I've got a 2 year rule when it comes to kinks and relationships. If we haven't been together for 2 years, and we didn't meet on a feedist website (does that even happen to anyone?) she's probably gonna publicly shame me and call me a psychopathic piece of shit fetishist if I tell her that I think "very, VERY fat" bodies are beautiful and that feedism is a bit more subtle and nuanced in it's path to intimacy than the media portrays it as. On dating sites it's totally fine to say you don't talk to no one under 6 feet, or no fatties allowed, but proudly announce that you openly love larger bodies, and watch how quickly matches dry up in the local dating pool
3 years
12345   loading