Gaining

Remeron and gaining

Anyone have any experience with this?
3 years

Remeron and gaining

I did take it about 10 months for insomnia, trouble of sleeping.

I gained 40 pounds and it all went to my belly, moobs, arms, butt and thighs.

I felt constantly hungry, feeling of fullness was gone and I did become really lazy / sedate.

I did also sleep like 12 hours in a night at least.
3 years

Remeron and gaining

This is a drug for major depression. Why would it be prescribed for insomnia?
3 years

Remeron and gaining

nofbar:
This is a drug for major depression. Why would it be prescribed for insomnia?

Ask doctors, do some research and you will find that it used really much on sleep issues.
3 years

Remeron and gaining

Weight gain and increased hunger looks to be one of the side effects of that medication from what the internet says. Many meds like antidepressants and antipsychotics have “off label” uses such as treating insomnia, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, and other conditions.

I’m on one to treat anxiety, as the normal anti anxiety meds don’t work for me but this one has though it is also a off label use. Finally found one that works but it also causes gaining and insane hunger... like stomach growling and hunger pangs so it’s hard to ignore.
3 years

Remeron and gaining

Shyfeedeeguy:
Weight gain and increased hunger looks to be one of the side effects of that medication from what the internet says. Many meds like antidepressants and antipsychotics have “off label” uses such as treating insomnia, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, and other conditions.

I’m on one to treat anxiety, as the normal anti anxiety meds don’t work for me but this one has though it is also a off label use. Finally found one that works but it also causes gaining and insane hunger... like stomach growling and hunger pangs so it’s hard to ignore.

^^^ what med was prescribed?
3 years

Remeron and gaining

Never been on that drug but I have taken Dilantin.
I was actively gaining at the time so I am sure it had something to do with the 100 lbs I put on that year.
3 years

Remeron and gaining

Shyfeedeeguy:

irishrunner:
^^^ what med was prescribed?

Seroquel. I have bipolar disorder type 2 so normal SSRI antidepressants (which are also prescribed for anxiety) only make things worse. Seroquel is an antipsychotic, though it’s also used for anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc etc etc. It’s really made a difference. I’m on a mood stabilizer called Lamictal too for depression but that’s a weight neutral drug.
3 years