General

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Dimensions Magazine is gone?! When did this happen? I've been coming and going every year or so for over a decade... I feel like an institution is gone. FF has also been a cornerstone of my personal growth (no pun, I'm a feeder, lmao), but Dims and FF served different purposes to me. They had two different cultures, I think.

I feel like a personal mentor died. Does anyone know what happened or why it's gone?
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

5HT1A:
Dimensions Magazine is gone?! When did this happen? I've been coming and going every year or so for over a decade... I feel like an institution is gone. FF has also been a cornerstone of my personal growth (no pun, I'm a feeder, lmao), but Dims and FF served different purposes to me. They had two different cultures, I think.

I feel like a personal mentor died. Does anyone know what happened or why it's gone?

It's up there for me this morning at dimensionsmagazine.com/
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Works just fine for me
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Yep, just checked, still there!
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Dimensions is still around, though it's a small shadow of what it once was. Now it's just a message board.

I remember they had this huge treasure trove of feederism related information on there.

I even remember a page about how to have very fat sims, in The Sims 1 (back when that was the latest, and only version of The Sims).
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

5HT1A:

Outsider viewpoint (i’m not an insider, esp. there):

* When: i noticed it a couple of years ago. It was already like it is now back in 2018. The change might have come earlier.

* Why/what happened: founder Conrad B. moved on. Change in ownership/control (details of which i do not know). Tumult. Serious discord around political stuff in a forum i never went into called Hyde Park. An absolutely amazing person who used to be a regular here on FF and does not want to be publicly cited did beyond-human work holding things together as whichever new anonymous site owner/owners were in absentee mode. New owner/owners came back, took over. For reasons i do not understand, unlike here on FF and other sites in our community, those in charge seem to prefer hiding in the deep shadows. Their choice, but for me at least i feel less comfortable.

I participate sometimes more over there than here for one reason: Dimensions sends out daily email digests with new post excerpts. Seeing this in my email inbox every morning motivates me to see what’s new. Shouts here on FF serve a similar purpose, but i have to remember to connect to the site (getting used to doing so again).

I still feel somewhat more at home here, but truly i’m struggling to feel at home on any site in our online community.

Thanks be to the Internet Archive, which has preserved a whole lot of old Dimensions. Those of us who archived selected Dimensions pages in past years can be glad we did that.

If it’s any consolation 5HT1A, quite a number of long-time members on Dimensions are still there, or still pop up now and then. Same with here on FF. There’s also wonderful newer-to-me people on both sites (and likely other sites too). I’m grateful for all of them—you—on whichever site or sites you prefer to frequent.
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

My account vanished there a couple of years ago for no reason and I haven't bothered to see why.
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Ditzy:
My account vanished there a couple of years ago for no reason and I haven't bothered to see why.

That’s funny (odd, amusing, or both). Having been off all the sites in our community for the same span of time, my accounts on Curvage and Dimensions remained intact, but here on FF it was deleted. At least i know why: FF is pretty clear about its policies. Dimensions tends to be murkier about its (at least these last couple of years, and in my experience).
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

I dropped out of curvage long ago the girls there were so mean and hateful.
Some of the web models were really nice to chat with but some were such back biters.
Some of the guys were really a holes too.
The girls on Feabie were pure bitches so I left there too about a month after it first came online.
3 years

Rip dimensions tt___tt

Ditzy:
I dropped out of curvage long ago the girls there were so mean and hateful.
Some of the web models were really nice to chat with but some were such back biters.
Some of the guys were really a holes too.
The girls on Feabie were pure bitches so I left there too about a month after it first came online.

I think I speak for many others on FF, we are glad to have you here with us.
3 years