Extreme obesity

Will drinking heavy cream cause

Will it shorten my life expectancy? I have noticed a few things going on that are concerning. First my feet and ankle swell, which before they did not or not to the extent that they do now.
I also have developed these very small blood vessels on my feet, that I do not recall having before. O’ and my blood pressure is up.

I think all of this is related to the saturated fat in the heavy cream Or the fat created by consuming it.
I assume that this is only going to get worse as I continue? I do not think that there is a way to reverse the build-up in my arteries? Is this something that feedee just have to live with unto...
3 years

boundandfeed:
Will it shorten my life expectancy? I have noticed a few things going on that are concerning. First my feet and ankle swell, which before they did not or not to the extent that they do now.
I also have developed these very small blood vessels on my feet, that I do not recall having before. O’ and my blood pressure is up.

I think all of this is related to the saturated fat in the heavy cream Or the fat created by consuming it.
I assume that this is only going to get worse as I continue? I do not think that there is a way to reverse the build-up in my arteries? Is this something that feedee just have to live with unto...

If you’re truly concerned I’d suggest speaking to your primary care doctor and see about getting blood work done. You need not disclose gaining on purpose, just your symptoms and concerns. Blood work will tell you if your cholesterol, triglycerides, or blood sugar is out of whack (it’ll be a fasting test typically, nothing but water for twelve hours min before the blood draw.) It’s important to monitor these things frequently. I know due to the plague it could be hard to set up an appt but if you’re legitimately concerned it will be worth the risk.
3 years

becomingoverweight:
I believe the long term effects of drinking cream are increased subcutaneous fat and potentially decreased visceral fat. This should be beneficial for metabolic health. That said, drinking heavy cream is an unusually high dosage of saturated fat to the body all at once. I have no clue what short-term effects it could have. It's hypothetically possible it could cause those effects. I'd suggest taking a temporary break from gaining to see if things return to normal. If it's a primary short-term effect of the heavy cream, it should go away.

If plaque buildup in arteries is happening to you because of consuming heavy cream in the manner in which you do, it should get reduced during said break. If it was caused by something like an increase in visceral fat, the higher LDL levels which go along with that could add more plaque, though it could still go down over time. I know saturated fat can increase both LDL and HDL temporarily so this could be related. HDL helps reduce plaque though if I remember correctly.

Since I know this sort of thing interests you, I recommend looking up the role of inflammation in the formation of arterial plaques. Current evidence suggests that The presence of cholesterol does not passively cause plaques, but rather plaque formation is a response to arterial inflammation. I’d link you to articles, but it’s nearly 5 am and I should get off the internet. smiley
3 years

EvilFeeder:
Since I know this sort of thing interests you, I recommend looking up the role of inflammation in the formation of arterial plaques. Current evidence suggests that The presence of cholesterol does not passively cause plaques, but rather plaque formation is a response to arterial inflammation. I’d link you to articles, but it’s nearly 5 am and I should get off the internet. smiley

becomingoverweight:
Interesting...I'll look into it! Have a good night!

As a side note, you may also find it interesting that a proposed mechanism for causing the inflammation in the first place involves a diet rich in refined carbohydrates (citation needed, of course). And to think, the trend for low-fat and high-carbohydrate went on for decades....
3 years

van:
Excess fat cells and overeating can cause chronic inflammation, even if you eat exclusively healthy foods. Swelling can often be the result of being overly sedentary, esp sitting for long periods.

Usually on my feet all day.
3 years