General

Anyone a smoker?

fatandfabulous:
I don’t but I’ve always wanted to try cigs. Should I?

No, I'd advise against it.

Don't listen to the rabid anti-smokers who make outlandish claims. For example, there's nothing wrong with being around someone who's smoking. If you pour two fluid ounces of vodka into a glass, and leave it out for 48 hours (it'll evaporate), that's 48,000 times as many carcinogens released. That's the important thing to remember about toxicology; there's a non-zero threshold. Now they claim 7,000 chemicals. Remember when they used to claim 4,000? Going through 2-3 cigarettes a day, or a cigar is unlikely to make much of a difference either, and I saw studies about that.

But here's the problem. At a certain point, you will most likely come to need it. And you probably won't be able to stay at 2 a day. Ever heard the phrase pack-a-day? That's because that's a typical amount you'd eventually go through. It'll then be difficult if you'd rather not smoke anymore. You'll quickly learn to get cartons because they offer a discount.

You'd also need it even when it's not convenient, and the various indoor smoking restrictions make this more common. You'll be watching the clock and be almost hyper-aware of what time it is, thinking about what you'll be doing 1-2 hours from now, when if it's been 2 hours, you'd likely have 2 in a row. You will start to organize work tasks to ensure this will be possible. You'd also likely start lighting one first thing in the morning, chaining into the second one with your morning coffee, likely when you're in the bathroom. You'd also most likely have one right before you go to sleep as well. It also becomes an essential living expense.

The smell is pretty nice. Most folks are largely indifferent, but some folks may not think it smells very good, which is something to be aware of. There's also some of those who would be indifferent in day to day life, but might not want it at home and thus, may not want a relationship with a smoker.

There's a reason why virtually everyone who starts, does so as a pre-teen or teenager. Get a bit older than that, and the down sides to the restrictions are more apparent.

Also, while I did say that anti-smokers have made ridiculous claims, there are other things that aren't so ridiculous. Those who smoke, while less likely to develop Alzheimer's, are more likely to develop certain problems, including possible cancer of the lung or esophagus.

So yeah, I'd advise against it. Though, also surprised you wouldn't have tried it a few times in high school by now.
3 years

Anyone a smoker?

To properly answer the original question - no weed here, just tobacco.

I like to use a wooden pipe when I can. A straight one, not a curved one or one made from corn cobs. But, it can take 15 minutes to go through a bowl. Maybe a little quicker if I don't fill it all the way.

So sometimes, I'm in enough of a hurry that cigarettes are just faster.

I rarely/almost never get cigars, partly due to cost but also that it can take the better part of an hour to finish one.
3 years

Anyone a smoker?

Ditzy:
I used to but quit in 2014.
I enjoyed smoking so I don't get on to people because they smoke.Its a personal choice.
Why did I quit you may ask I don't know I just did.
I wish I could. I'm hooked.
3 years

Anyone a smoker?

I used to smoke cigarette and cigars.

I found them a great way to suppress my appetite when in the field.

They were also very social. Back when smoking was allowed indoors, offering a cigarette at a club was a way of starting a conversation. After the ban, stepping out allowed for conversation away from the music or the crowd.

My wife smoked until we decided to get pregnant.

She thanks quitting for the boom in her appetite, the gain in her fitness and the improvement of her skin tone.

It's one of the things most people complain about when quitting: weight gain.

I didn't experience it as I quit whilst on 2 month leave but was straight back to pre deployment training and hence had no opportunity to gain.

@fatandfabulous, Id avoid the habit, it has no health benefits (quite the opposite by most measures), suppresses appetite and costs a lot.

NB, I say by most measures as those with Ulcerative Colitis appear to benefit WRT incidence and mortality by smoking tobacco -go figure.
3 years

Anyone a smoker?

I´m a smoker and I find it sexy when a woman smokes.
2 years

Anyone a smoker?

Weed only here as well
2 years

Anyone a smoker?

yes and i love to smoke my cigarettes!!!
2 years

Anyone a smoker?

Ditzy:
I used to but quit in 2014.
I enjoyed smoking so I don't get on to people because they smoke.Its a personal choice.
Why did I quit you may ask I don't know I just did.
You didn't quit. You are still very much a smoking hot lady!
2 years

Anyone a smoker?

I smoke cigarettes. I took my first drag at 12 years old so... Honestly, I can't stand the smell but it's the actual inhalation I became addicted to. I can vape delicious flavors with no nicotine with no issue and when forced go without with minimal effects if any. I would honestly prefer to vape because it tastes so much better and doesn't stink but it tends to be a bit more money or effort than stopping at any corner grocery for cigarettes.
2 years

Anyone a smoker?

Not all the time. I will go months with out touching anything. Plus I don't inhale.
2 years
123   loading