Lifestyle tips

Clothes for gaining

Suggestions and ideas:

Suits? The jacket should be at least a size or two up. It's surprisingly more flexible on size than the trousers. Vests also typically have a sash on the back that can be made tighter if it's too big.

Tops in general also tend to be flexible on size. Often you'd have to gain quite a bit before the neck area or sleeves get too tight. So if you're an M/15-15.5" neck, you probably don't want to get XL/17-17.5" neck just yet.

For bottoms, yes.. you should use a belt or suspenders. I have noticed a rise in the availability of stretchy bottoms, jeans or otherwise but the stretch probably wouldn't provide more than 1-2" tops, and waist is typically the second largest of all the measurements, after butt. If you do, you might eventually be able to able to get away with a waist size that's 4" higher, but I think you'd have to get to the mid to upper 30s before you can do that.

But yeah, if you're one of those who just try to rely on the waist being snug enough and trusting the button won't pop, you won't be able to do that anymore.

Belt measurements are typically for the middle hole, adjustable 2" in either direction. You might be able to punch another hole but too small and you might be left with way too much slack. For whatever reason I rarely to almost never see belts where the slack goes underneath.
3 years

Clothes for gaining

Just a tip from this female's point of view basketball shorts don't look good for everyday wear in public. At home maybe.
Just buy jeans that fit for now and wear them.
3 years

Clothes for gaining

I had (at one point) tight jeans, regular fit ones, and one pair of loose fat jeans that I wore with a belt. Only those fit me now. When they get tight I might get something loose again and buy a bigger belt. I save shorts for the gym or beach, or super casual stuff.
3 years

Clothes for gaining

I like to wear one size too big cargo shorts with a cloth belt or basketball shorts. My dress slacks have a stretch waist band thank god that adds about 3 more inches.... Shirts I like them alittle big to accommodate my belly since it just gets more pregnant looking as the day continues.

For me I find if my clothes are a little big, I tend to gain more filling them out.

Hope this helps
3 years

Clothes for gaining

Target and Amazon have reasonably priced larger clothes and good return policies. Just got a new pair of chino style pants on the Target website for less than $30; their Goodfellow brand is nice.

If you only want to get a handful of items because you anticipate growing out of them sooner rather than later, you’ll likely be washing them more often, so if you wash them in cold and hang dry they’ll stay looking new despite frequent washing.
3 years

Clothes for gaining

If you don't mind wearing your shirt untucked, you could try undergarment suspenders. I didn't even know that was a thing until a co-worker mentioned that he wears them. I didn't have clue. I couldn't see them under his polo shirts.

By wearing the undergarment suspenders, you can get away with wearing larger pants and hiding it, to an extent, with your shirt.
3 years