Fattening others

Closet feeders

LOL, and worst of all the closets never even get fatter!

(I know, lame humor, but I tried!)
3 years

Closet feeders

I don't really get how closet feeding would work. I understand the concept of being a subtle feeder or providing subliminal encouragement, but how exactly would someone feed someone else from the closet?

I have some pro-fattening tendencies but also enjoy physical activity and am not a junk food or sweets person. I would be happy to be a fattening influence to my friends and family, but any time someone close to me loses weight, if they are happy about it, I am happy for them too.
What I won't stand for is someone feeling guilty or disparaging themselves for enjoying food or gaining weight.
3 years

Closet feeders

My ex-husband was a closet feeder. It can be as subtle as leaving a knife in a cake or pie to making sure you always have the person's favorite treats in stock in the pantry or frig.
3 years

Closet feeders

It's pretty much what was said above. He made sure my favorites were always available in the house. He was a chef, so really enjoyed watching people in general eat his food.

ineverstopjustsayin:
yes that's what i'm referring to. what others ways was he a closet feeder? im very curious if you don't mind sharing.

High:
They share the same qualities as someone who loves you: always making dinners and desserts you like, asking what things you would like when they go shopping, bringing you more food when you're hungry.
However, taste is important, so some food might have more calories.
3 years

Closet feeders

Sounds to me as if a Closet Feeder is a short step up from an Enabler.
3 years

Closet feeders

fatchance:
LOL, and worst of all the closets never even get fatter!

I used to be into it. Structural engineer came out and told me that the fattened closets (i’m polyclosetus) were putting too much pressure on the structural members of the house, so we had to stop.

Sure do miss the extra storage space.
3 years

Closet feeders

ineverstopjustsayin:
Anyone else identify as a closet feeder?

I'm afraid I've been slipping into this category for some time. Any time someone tells me they don't like exercise or something, I slip in.
Recently an acquaintance and I were working out and they confessed they hated it - I gave them a selection of their favourite treats after a session and their "workout" is so mediocre at this point they may as well not do it. The best part is it's now in my home, and my husband is more than happy to supply them with less "motivation." I just can't help it - there's something about it I find so adorable.
3 years