Gaining

Post gain thoughts

Why not do an experimental gain then? If you don’t like it you can lose it - low carb dieting will help you get back to your before weight fairly quickly if your experiment is 10 to 20 pounds. I’ve lost and gained 100’s of pounds in my life, with a highest of 280 in high school and a lowest of 142 a year and a half ago, though this is the first time I’m getting fat on purpose and paying attention to it instead of being in denial and hating myself.

I’d say more often than not I’m enjoying it. I can eat whatever I want whenever I want, which is amazing having restricted calories/food types for so many years! Being aware of how your body is changing and noticing new things is fascinating and exciting, such as feeling yourself as being heavier when you get out of bed or walk down stairs, feeling yourself jiggle when you move, taking up more space, etc. Down sides are having to buy new clothes, having slightly less endurance, and learning to adjust how you see yourself because it changes how you look everywhere, including your face. Those are times it’s important to have ways to remind yourself that it’s okay to be fat and you want this for yourself.

Personally, I’d say give it a go because you may find you like it more than you expected and unless you try you’ll NEVER KNOW what it’s like so you’ll just keep longing for it. Also, did I mention all the tasty food you want and no more dieting? I’ve gained almost 20 pounds so far this year and I’m enjoying it thus far. I can’t believe I dieted and obsessed over being skinny for so long when I really wanted to eat and get fatter.

TL;DR: Go for it. It’s fun.
3 years

Post gain thoughts

Do an experimental gain, if you like it and you're happy keep going until you're not. I gained about 20lbs last year, lost it all this spring and found I missed it. I'm gaining it back, maybe more, but I do have my own limits. I have beautiful bone structure in my face and don't want to bury that too deep. I want to remain fairly active, so when my movement starts to be affected beyond what is comfortable for me I'll stop. This is something I control, no one else. I think that's one of the big differences between a gainer and a feedee that people fail to consider. It's your body and your life, enjoy it!
3 years

Post gain thoughts

For me, it's been a great experience. I put on the first twenty pounds by accident. Then I enjoyed the next 35 that came next. I have to imagine the next 50 pounds will be just as, if not more enjoyable.
3 years

Post gain thoughts

I’ll second everything that’s already been said, and just add that I started off with an experimental 10 day binge when I was at my lowest adult weight ever, and I managed to re-gain 18lbs. and the confidence to continue knowing that I was truly enjoying it.

I’ve never attempted to gain more than 10-20lbs at a time because that’s where I’m happy and self assured every time I’ve decided to gain more.

My point is: make a habit of checking in and listening to yourself, and letting that guide everything you do or don’t do. Thats how I’ve approached my gaining from day 1 and it’s 100% the reason my gaining experience has been so overwhelmingly positive for me.
3 years