Lifestyle tips

Fat lifestyle tips?

Edxl:
I'm only a small-fat, but a few things:

- when doing much walking, wearing bike-short style boxer-briefs to reduce thigh chafing

- loosening my belt a notch or two when sitting down for any length of time

- leaving my shoes on when I come inside if they are reasonably clean and I'll be going back out later, so that I don't have to take them off and put them back on. Or wearing flip-flops for quick trips into the yard.

- before I sit down (to read, play on the computer, watch TV, etc) I make sure I have everything I may want for the next while (water, phone, maybe a mug of tea or whatever)

- I'm better at heading out for the bus earlier, or waiting for the next one if the time is tight, rather than risking having to run for the bus (not that I've had to take the bus to work for months, I'm not sure I could run for more than a short block even if I tried now)

- Occasionally stepping aside on a sidewalk to let faster walkers pass me (especially now with Covid distancing)

- sometimes resting my belly on the counter while washing dishes, to reduce back fatigue

- When getting up from seated, I pretty much always swivel to be facing the direction I'll be standing up (like twisting sideways in the car seat, or turning my chair away from my desk). (Getting my gut centered over my feet can be a bit chancy if I'm getting up in weird ways)

Edxl you're awesome!

I have noticed many of the same similar changes in myself after reading your list.

When I'm at a table or desk I now have to slide the chair back and twist it due to my belly rests against things.

I ask my wife to park closer to stores and she's very accommodating especially after meals. The opening of the car door is very true!

I haven't experienced any size related issues with booths due to the quarantine but I am looking forward to see if its going to be an issue.

I have to sit in a chair I now when putting shoes on. Bending over to tie them just doesn't work out anymore.

Shopping for belts that have small buckles is a must due to my belly overhang especially when seated.

There is no way I can do sit-ups anymore. Doing one just to get out of bed must be funny to watch and I more roll out of bed.

I dread having to wash the inside of the front window of my car and now prefer car washes.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

When picking something up off the floor I prefer a modified squat versus bending over as the weight of the belly can take you off balance. Also when boarding a plane ask the flight attendant for a seat belt extender the moment you board.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

californiabay:
When picking something up off the floor I prefer a modified squat versus bending over as the weight of the belly can take you off balance. Also when boarding a plane ask the flight attendant for a seat belt extender the moment you board.

I guess it is all in how your fat is distributed? For me when getting something off the floor these days it is usually spreading my feet out to either side, wider than shoulder width, then bending from the waist. The spread legs give room for my belly when I bend. If it is heavy enough that I worry about picking it up that way I will squat. Although I try to avoid having to lift anything at all heavy up from the floor if I can, just too awkward. Like if I'm bringing in a box of canned tomatoes from the car, after groceries, I used to put it down on the floor in the kitchen along with the rest of the groceries, then later take it to the basement. Now I'll either take it all the way down to the basement when I come in, or put it on the stove until I'm ready to take it to the basement.

I've had occasions, while wearing too tight jeans, that I've had to unbutton them in order to bend enough to reach the floor. It is the weirdest feeling to bend down to pick something up, and simply miss because you don't end up bending down as far as you expected to.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Now that you mention it, I have been parking closer to the front of stores these days.

I don't run or jump anymore because they're physically impossible for me.

I need to sit down to tie my shoelaces. I don't bend over to tie my shoelaces. It just doesn't work for me anymore.

If I'm going to be doing any kind of walking, I MUST wear my bandelettes. If I don't my thighs are going to be on fire after a while.

I don't really need to climb stairs but, if I did, I'd try to take an elevator or escalator, if one is available.

When I'm gaining weight quickly, my back tends to ache if I need to do a lot of bending. This becomes a pain when I'm washing dishes. I've had to resort to leaning forward and supporting my weight by placing my elbows on the counter. It's awkward, but it gets the job done and my back gets immediate relief.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

The lifestyle change that impressed me the most about loving a fat person is the nudity.

She's stopped wearing clothes at home when she doesn't have to. She used to have dangerously low body temperature and need to wear girdles to keep her belly warm so she didn't get intensely sick. But she's put on so much blubber now it literally keeps her warm all the time, and it's more comfortable for her to let everything hang out. She has to spread her legs wide open just to give her gut room to hang down. Besides, it's now a lot more hard work getting dressed for her, so she doesn't when she doesn't need to go out and meet people anymore.
1 year

Fat lifestyle tips?

Change of Mentality in my case.
I used to want to show that fat men can still hold their own fashion wise and break the negative stereotypes.
Over time I learned, some would give compliments but don't want to appear like their are 'endorsing obesity' etc.
Being on the higher end of DXL; it's harder to piece outfits together, plus more priority over comfort and practicality.

With confidence building; wearing white more especially during the summer, get more daring wearing smaller tees/shirts/jerseys as its lighter than the added weight of the bulkier ones, along with the fact that after a certain size there is no more 'hiding'.
With lotions/body oils..life doesn't end when tees or shirts rise up or when buttons strain.
It's a great feeling to be more comfortable in your own skin, knowing you look fire.
1 year

Fat lifestyle tips?

a little after I started gaining I started feeling uncomfortable with my pants zipped up whenever I was sitting down. It just feels better to let my belly hang out, at least at home.
1 year

Fat lifestyle tips?

I see a new problem. My stomach hurts sitting at the table. I cant quite reach the plate, because i have to sit very far back. A nice feeling.
1 year

Fat lifestyle tips?

Reichenberg:
I see a new problem. My stomach hurts sitting at the table. I cant quite reach the plate, because i have to sit very far back. A nice feeling.

I personally usually eat in a recliner, but when my belly pressed into a table so harshly, I'd turn sideways to give it room, turning my head to eat. It makes it awkward, but also kind of hot to have trouble.
1 year

Fat lifestyle tips?

Bigdj1977:
I also pre tie my sneakers so that I can just slip them on.

Oh yeah, I also do this. I also belt my pants before they go on.
1 year
12   loading