Lifestyle tips

Fat lifestyle tips?

any sort of subconscious things you guys have had to begin doing differently or altogether due to their weight gain? i’m talking about not really running anymore, not taking stairs, parking closer too stores, small things that you have had to do because your fat now, besides eating a lot, of anything eating related in general. asking because i would like to come accustomed to these things and do them prior too a massive weight gain to hopefully speed things up.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

I check online reviews of any restaurant just to make sure I’ll fit in the booth/chairs...
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Bulba-Sarah:
I check online reviews of any restaurant just to make sure I’ll fit in the booth/chairs...

Good advice. Guess to add to that it’s good to include this info in any reviews to help other members of the community.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Yes, for me now running is impossible...and even walking is not so easy... i need a break after some minutes! and it's easier to sweat a lot
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

I'm only a small-fat, but a few things:

- when doing much walking, wearing bike-short style boxer-briefs to reduce thigh chafing

- loosening my belt a notch or two when sitting down for any length of time

- leaving my shoes on when I come inside if they are reasonably clean and I'll be going back out later, so that I don't have to take them off and put them back on. Or wearing flip-flops for quick trips into the yard.

- before I sit down (to read, play on the computer, watch TV, etc) I make sure I have everything I may want for the next while (water, phone, maybe a mug of tea or whatever)

- I'm better at heading out for the bus earlier, or waiting for the next one if the time is tight, rather than risking having to run for the bus (not that I've had to take the bus to work for months, I'm not sure I could run for more than a short block even if I tried now)

- Occasionally stepping aside on a sidewalk to let faster walkers pass me (especially now with Covid distancing)

- sometimes resting my belly on the counter while washing dishes, to reduce back fatigue

- When getting up from seated, I pretty much always swivel to be facing the direction I'll be standing up (like twisting sideways in the car seat, or turning my chair away from my desk). (Getting my gut centered over my feet can be a bit chancy if I'm getting up in weird ways)
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Parking closer, using in store scooters, resting belly on things to stop back pain, watching what im doing if i turn to fast, as ive knocked over things or hit ppl. Making sure I have what i want before sitting thou if not thats what family is for.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

cm250:

- leaving more room for car doors to open. Heaving out of the seat with a big gut is way easier if there's lots if room for the door to open

I forgot about that one! Yah, I won't use a tight parking spot any more, my days of slipping out through a half opened door seem to be in the rear view mirror now.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

these are all amazing tips everyone thank you. some of these i will have to start doing.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Bulba-Sarah:

Also, is it just me or do servers then try to seat you in a booth when they see you coming??? There's a chain of diners in London which are all American and delicious. But every single time I go, the servers try to put my group in a booth that absolutely is far too small for me. Lol

My tip for the main subject, talc is your friend! After showering, talc on inner thighs, and anywhere else where two folds of fat meet will keep you cool, sweat free and minimise any heat or sweat rash, or chafing.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

Another vote for checking online reviews. Visiting the venue beforehand is even better. Regarding booth/table, it is best to emphasize to the host or hostess that you need a table.
3 years
12   loading