Lifestyle tips

Is diabetes the end of gaining?

Pig_for_a_farmer:
I've realized I'm eating worse and I'm not exercising and I've get afraid of becoming diabetic in a future trying to become obese and Im afraid of that makes me stop.

I Have type 2 diabetes but by keeping off sweets and with only a moderate amount of carbohydrates, I can gain very effectively using peanuts and heavy cream as extras to a normal healthy diet. My blood sugar is still under control.
3 years

Peanuts (peanut butter), sound great for gaining along with heavy cream.

And I have both!
3 years

Pig_for_a_farmer:
I've realized I'm eating worse and I'm not exercising and I've get afraid of becoming diabetic in a future trying to become obese and Im afraid of that makes me stop.

Curveman:
I Have type 2 diabetes but by keeping off sweets and with only a moderate amount of carbohydrates, I can gain very effectively using peanuts and heavy cream as extras to a normal healthy diet. My blood sugar is still under control.

super!
3 years

Beyond nice to read that Curveman!
3 years

Depends on how well controlled the diabetes is. With the right meds gaining is still an option, you just need to learn your limits.
For me personally I mostly need to watch my intake of added sugar. I handle natural sugar just fine, and as long as I keep my added sugar within the 100% of daily value and avoid caramel I'm good to go.
3 years

I got type 2 back in 2016 and as of last year I topped my heaviest at 419lbs as long as your A1C and your blood sugars are on the right levels it’s just as easy to gain. You just have to be smart about what you eat
3 years

I found out I was pre diabetic a few weeks ago and it was a wake up call for me. I wasn’t really trying to gain in the first place but now I am trying to get healthier and lose some. Not trying to get skinny-just healthier.
3 years

Sorry to hear that, it can be done healthy. If you cut out the sugar that will have a major affect on your diabetes in a positive way, it’s more common now to the wide use of sugar in our every day foods like bread. All the best.
3 years

Sorry to hear that, it can be done healthy. If you cut out the sugar that will have a major affect on your diabetes in a positive way, it’s more common now to the wide use of sugar in our every day foods like bread. All the best.
3 years