Story authors

Where should i post new content?

Joshredzippo:
Whats the best place for new wg fiction? I want to start writing it. But i want an open good place to post!

Assuming you're not pulling my leg, the place to post stories is the stories section.
3 years

Joshredzippo:
I hear that fantasy feeder has a shitty stories section though. Am wondering if there is any place thats better than others

I like here just fine.

There is a post here where an author compares writing sites. You may want to look at that.
3 years

There hasn't been much I haven't enjoyed on FFs story pages. I think it's a great place to start, you'll get a lot of feedback and maybe some pointers. It can be annoying if you don't save your work frequently as the boot is always lurking lol
3 years

Joshredzippo:
I hear that fantasy feeder has a shitty stories section though. Am wondering if there is any place thats better than others

CaptainFractal:
I like here just fine.

There is a post here where an author compares writing sites. You may want to look at that.

Not sure if you meant my post fatlovesex story online publishing on ff and other sites: a comparative study, but there’s at least that. Very long and goes into a lot of detail, in part because what’s important to me as an author might or might not be important to other authors.

Here’s a tl;dr long enough to prolly need its own tl;dr:

For authors who write shorter pieces and/or don’t especially care about text formatting, all sites in our community are about equally good. One can aim for the one or ones with user bases most likely to appreciate the content. For those of us who write long pieces and/or depend upon emphasis and styling (italics, bold, font sizes, font faces, colors, centering, etc.), ignoring my own purpose-made story site, in our community i found Curvage to have the platform which did the best job preserving full formatting. It also had no maximum length. DeviantArt also had no maximum length, but formatting was problematic and the site was laggy when making formatting changes. Dimensions has a long-running O.G. story section with a lot of stories and decent formatting, but their 10,000 character limit (characters, not words) is a pain. FF has that same upper limit, plus a lower limit that can mess with the occasional needs-to-be-short chapter, plus forced chapter numbering that fails to correspond to actual story chapters if over the character limit, plus basically no formatting: 1990s plain text all over again, with nothing more than *emphasis* or _emphasis_ or similar.

Great audience here and i still consider FF my home site, but dang the story system is painfully limiting.
3 years

The quality here is hit or miss, but that’s the same with any kink or fetish site. The problem with dimensions is that they have started really censoring their stuff so if you like the harsher force feeding/kidnapping/dark stuff it’s not there as much. Curvage has a decent collection but I’ve found it harder to navigate. DA has the same issue. Tumblr is hard to search due to them censoring a lot of the tags.... look, here, one of those other places, it’s all the same. Your best best is actually to post in two different places and see where it takes off. I’d suggest here and one of the other sites. They all have their crappy sides and ok sides.
3 years