Fat experiences

The barber talk - black men, bbws of color & feedism

I think what your feeling of that "I see you, my brotha" part of being Black in a like-minded, sexually active community. That's probably also why if feels like a barber shop: you're among your own so there's little tension that you "need to be more like someone else" in a way that you physically can't without destroying your body with bleach.
Also, the Anglo-Saxon patterns of schadenfreude and other forms of embracing negativity you saw may appear to be what everybody in the feedism fetish is into because of the over-representation of Anglo-Saxon people in the online communities. I'm hesitant to explain culture by linking it to race (that's how people of color are oppressed), but history is full of that major social group taking pleasure in colonizing, enslaving, r***ing, etc. That's not to say other races don't have such history, but rather to say that, through guns, genocide, and war, the Anglo-Saxon population is so much more prominent and has benefited the most from cruelty that the correlation between Anglo-Saxon ethnicity and cruel undertones or overtones in their online interactions is a relatively common correlation to find.
I'm Black as well, and I find that, among other Black people, "coming out" and saying you like fat women like it's a serious revelation will get you laughed at. Some fellow Black folk would say "you're a Black man," or "you're a Black woman," "of course you like fat people!" This may be another reason why you feel less tension and animosity in a Black online community: fat admiration is more common in Black communities, even if it's not associated with feedism. Again, even Anglo-Saxon people in the past have found fatness to be a good thing, as it did for wealthiness and being well fed similarly to African cultures. However, like how the word "ain't" used to be used by rich, elite people until poorer people started using it, we could probably assume the same happened to being fat along Anglo-Saxon people: once everyone could be fat, wealthier ones felt it necessary to define a new way to differentiate themselves culturally from poorer wealth classes.
This has turned into a lot of speculation on my part, but I'm happy to hear you are having such a welcoming experience in that online community you found! And I'm also happy to hear that one exists!
3 years

John Smith:
Thank you!! Your comment was very enlightening! 😁 I've always realized why the schadenfraude culture is so prominent within Anglo-Saxon and German cultures, but your analysis brought me deeper consideration about its relative historicity.

It is also unfortunate than alas, generational imheritances of intersocial and intrasocial dynamics between different communities are still embedded within the violent colonial roots of the power dymanics between the European (so to speak, Anglo-Saxon) colonizer and "once-"subjected native or enslaved populations.[/quote]

No problem! I get the feeling that, for me personally, I will be better off finding people and communities offline. Like I had previously said about fat admiration in Black communities, it may be so normalized that finding a community in-person (when it's safer to do so) will more-assuredly put me around fat admirers of color and bigger women. I'll probably still linger on here and other sites for more of the fetish-y stuff, but unless I tried to create a site specifically for feedist people of color to meet, I'm going to keep my online feedist interactions strictly friendly smiley
3 years

It is also unfortunate than alas, generational imheritances of intersocial and intrasocial dynamics between different communities are still embedded within the violent colonial roots of the power dymanics between the European (so to speak, Anglo-Saxon) colonizer and "once-"subjected native or enslaved populations.

Does everything have to be political, and/or about skin colour ?

Christ.....
Can't we all just appreciate fat people no matter what colour they are, and forget about what happened 100's of years ago, because it really has nothing to do with anyone living today.
3 years

fatsmagic:
It is also unfortunate than alas, generational imheritances of intersocial and intrasocial dynamics between different communities are still embedded within the violent colonial roots of the power dymanics between the European (so to speak, Anglo-Saxon) colonizer and "once-"subjected native or enslaved populations.

Christ.....
Can't we all just appreciate fat people no matter what colour they are, and forget about what happened 100's of years ago, because it really has nothing to do with anyone living today.

You obviously don't get it. Color and race permeates throughout our lives, even yours. Can't silence it, so accept it.
And to say history doesn't affect today... dude. Have you ever taken a history class?
3 years

BIG_CHUNGU5XL:
Marxist Trash

Now that's the kind of immature telling that'll get you reported. That gives no valuable contribution to discussion.
3 years

Mmm. That's the perfect music and philosophy for my morning walk. Thank you!
3 years

fatsmagic:

Christ.....

aurasphere:
You obviously don't get it. Color and race permeates throughout our lives, even yours. Can't silence it, so accept it.
And to say history doesn't affect today... dude. Have you ever taken a history class?

You are talking bollocks.
We are all individuals, and you are trying to stereotype people into your own misconceptions of what a certain skin coloured person should be like.
History might affect some people today, but again, you cannot just say it automatically affects everyone, stop talking rubbish.
I'm English, and proud, and we have a MUCH longer history than most other countries, especially America/Canada (which I assume you are from, with your 'dude' thing). As such, yes I know all about my history.
My whole point is DUDE, this forum is about fat people, fat appreciators, fat fetishes, etc, and it is NOT about racism, history, or any other bollocks you are coming out with.
Mods please delete this thread, for heavens sake, this DUDE is spoiling the forum with his racial bollocks.
3 years

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I fell like maybe I can not let this descend any further into division.

I appreciate this community for what it provides in that we do all have common interests. I also recognize that in spaces catering to the African diaspora or just Black American perspectives (which are totally two different things) have a more open appreciation for fatness than society at large, which I think may have been the original point. I don't think that is any kind of knock on this place to say that somewhere else offers a breath of fresh air that isn't offered here.

John Smith - You post a lot, and you often write in very dense heavy language that I have to read and re-read before I think I understand.
I don't know about some of the details you provided on different cultures and didn't assume you were putting anyone down, but if you did, I don't agree with that. I hope I haven't misrepresented your original point.

Thank you all. I appreciate everyone that takes the time to contribute here.
3 years

fatsmagic:

Christ.....

Where do you see anything political? Discussion about a specific niche kink and its relation to race isn't inherently political. All I see here is someone sharing and seeking thoughts on an interesting and different vibe/element of feedism and online communities dedicated to it, specifically in the context of cultural difference from what tends to be most immediately visible. I'm sure you can grasp the concept of unique individuals existing, yet also sharing a culture and many commonalities.

Major snowflake vibes with your post, must be honest.
3 years

fatsmagic:

Christ.....

Complicity:
Where do you see anything political? Discussion about a specific niche kink and its relation to race isn't inherently political. All I see here is someone sharing and seeking thoughts on an interesting and different vibe/element of feedism and online communities dedicated to it, specifically in the context of cultural difference from what tends to be most immediately visible. I'm sure you can grasp the concept of unique individuals existing, yet also sharing a culture and many commonalities.

Major snowflake vibes with your post, must be honest.

Thanks for recognizing and supporting our right to have a discussion
3 years
12   loading