Fat experiences

The barber talk - black men, bbws of color & feedism

fatsmagic:
It is also unfortunate than alas, generational imheritances of intersocial and intrasocial dynamics between different communities are still embedded within the violent colonial roots of the power dymanics between the European (so to speak, Anglo-Saxon) colonizer and "once-"subjected native or enslaved populations.

Does everything have to be political, and/or about skin colour ?

Christ.....
Can't we all just appreciate fat people no matter what colour they are, and forget about what happened 100's of years ago, because it really has nothing to do with anyone living today.

aurasphere:
You obviously don't get it. Color and race permeates throughout our lives, even yours. Can't silence it, so accept it.
And to say history doesn't affect today... dude. Have you ever taken a history class?

fatsmagic:
You are talking bollocks.
We are all individuals, and you are trying to stereotype people into your own misconceptions of what a certain skin coloured person should be like.
History might affect some people today, but again, you cannot just say it automatically affects everyone, stop talking rubbish.
I'm English, and proud, and we have a MUCH longer history than most other countries, especially America/Canada (which I assume you are from, with your 'dude' thing). As such, yes I know all about my history.
My whole point is DUDE, this forum is about fat people, fat appreciators, fat fetishes, etc, and it is NOT about racism, history, or any other bollocks you are coming out with.
Mods please delete this thread, for heavens sake, this DUDE is spoiling the forum with his racial bollocks.

I respectfully disagree with you. Race and skin tone exist wherever one goes, serving to disadvantage or privilege people whether they realize it or not. Even just by having the privilege to access the internet through computers/tablets/smartphones made with questionably harvested materials means race has affected you, me, and other users. Bringing up race is not inherently negative. And asking or answering the question "Why does something feel off to me, a person of color, when I'm engaging in a predominantly White community, but not in a predominantly Black one?" Isn't a move to upset you or anyone, but rather to utilize a community of relatively like-minded individuals to explore questions or ideas someone's struggling to explore/answer alone. In other words. This forum topic is fulfilling the purpose of a forum.... like this one.

Also, if we're not allowed to talk about a variable that affects feedism and fat admiring/fetish culture, that's restricting users from a broad range of enlightening topics. It would be fascinating to talk about/explore how the racialized, modern term, PAWG (Phat A** White Girl), may relate to the history of Sara Baartman, her enslavement, and the cultural effect that fascination over her body likely had on Anglo-Saxon attire (you know those dresses rich women used to wear that made them look like they had huge butts? That.)
3 years

Shame to see a legitimate, interesting discussion get derailed by someone clearly just looking to create conflict. Obviously I don't have much say either way since I'm just an observer to the topic, but it would likely do far more good to entirely disregard that one. He won't keep at it once the attention in the thread is focused on an interactive discussion about the topic; once the attention is off of him, it'll be over with. The inflammatory BS won't keep a flame without fuel (attention)

Edit, we have a block function that has just come in handy for the first time in my years here (other acct) smiley
3 years

This topic has gone completely off course therefore this subject is locked!
3 years
12   loading