Gaining

Serving sizes

Recently I found out that the serving size of peanut butter is much smaller than I’d believed- apparently you’re meant to level it off! I’d previously avoided peanut butter since I mistakenly thought I was only getting about 200 calories from my “two tablespoons” of peanut butter, and it made me feel very full so it seemed inefficient (I’d heard it was a good food for gaining, but didn’t understand the hype)- but apparently, what I thought was just a single serving was actually 3 or 4 servings, around 700 calories! That’s far more than I’m usually capable of eating in a single serving of any anything, so I’ll be eating a ton of peanut butter now that I know.

Are there any other foods like this, with deceptive serving size information that makes them much better for gaining than they first appear?
3 years

Serving sizes

I had no idea PB had so many calories! I used to eat it when I was trying to be healthy lol
3 years

Serving sizes

Onlychubby:
I had no idea PB had so many calories! I used to eat it when I was trying to be healthy lol

Oh yes! The reason bodybuilders use peanut butter in their shakes and snacks is because of the calories. Fats are 9cal per gram compared to carbs or protein (4g). It's more that DOUBLE the calories.

Stick to peanut butter, oils and heavy cream and you'll be a blimp in no time.
3 years