Feedback and suggestions

Who changed the navigation coding?

Change it back or add back the "go to last page" feature. I don't want to click through 100 pages to get to the recent update to a long story.
3 years

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. The update made to the pager was made yesterday across all content gallery pages on the site by the site owner hiccupx. The pager has been simplified to make it easier to use on mobile.

To find the material you want, please use the search. You can use the general searches to look for stories with particular characters or themes, or if you are interested in a specific story you can also search by title or author.

We would strongly recommend using the following feature to get updates from authors whenever they add a new story or new chapter.

To follow someone simply go to there profile and click the green follow button which is near the top right of the page opposite their username.

Thanks,

c00kie
FF Team
3 years

I guess that's a no?

xkcd.com/1172/

For anyone else who has the same workflow, add '&rowStart=200' to the end of the URL, or change the rowStart number to anything that's one less than the total number of chapters to get to the end.
3 years

Hi,

I spoke with hiccupx earlier before sending the reply.

We appreciate your feedback, and that you feel strongly about the pager navigation options. However the changes implented were for a reason and will not be changed back.

Thanks,

c00kie
FF Team
3 years

Thanks you your reply. If you click on the author instead of the story title, there is a link that goes to the last added page.
3 years

PlumpPrincess:
Thanks you your reply. If you click on the author instead of the story title, there is a link that goes to the last added page.

Thank you for this helpful workaround.
3 years

c00kie:
Hi,

I spoke with hiccupx earlier before sending the reply.

We appreciate your feedback, and that you feel strongly about the pager navigation options. However the changes implented were for a reason and will not be changed back.

Thanks,

c00kie
FF Team

So, out of curiosity, what is the proposed method of navigation for story's that have upwards of 100 chapters? it seems rather inconvenient to have to click 100 or more times to reach the latest chapter.
3 years

So, out of curiosity, what is the proposed method of navigation for story's that have upwards of 100 chapters? it seems rather inconvenient to have to click 100 or more times to reach the latest chapter.

Good point and thanks for bringing this up. There's nearly always an exception and we'll try and come with an alternative solution to this. Perhaps through bookmarking or something similar.
3 years

fatcoach119:
yeah this is a pretty terrible change. Not sure how removing the "jump to last" button makes anything simpler for anybody, just means you have to load page after page especially in the forum view, where the most recent content is still shown last.

Yeah, have to say I've been finding this one quite irritating recently too and to be honest it's just basic lack of functionality like this that makes me just think "Oh, never mind." and puts me off browsing a lot of content that people have put effort into on here.

Most writers on here post their stories episodically rather than completed work so surely makes sense to have a button to jump to the last page so you can go directly to the latest update? The fact that people have had to come up with work around using the URL also suggests there's a need/demand for it.
3 years

Thanks for adding it back in!

Adsein, I'd hit next 150 times for you.
3 years