Gaining

Losing the weight if you don’t like your gain

I was looking to gain 10-20 pounds to see how I feel about being bigger before I properly “let go” and have a couple of questions to people that may have tried this approach before.

Is it easy to lose the weight of you don’t like it?

Will 20 pounds make a huge difference?

Thanks
3 years

Obviously this is going to be a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing. It's been kinda difficult to influence my weight in either direction, but at the same time, I do kinda eat what I want. I exercise regularly but my weight still hovers where it's been after I'm off my gainer kicks. I used to be 125 when I found this site and I'm 155 now. Been this weight for over a year.

If you do lose weight, you also have to consider that you've made fat cells that aren't going to go away, and slipping back into old habits are going to put the weight back on you easily.
3 years

20 pounds will likely be noticeable to you, it may or may not be as noticeable to others, depending on how you carry it, how big you are now, etc. But other than a change to how clothes fit and so on, you may not notice any real change in your life unless you typically do pretty high-demand sports.

Few people manage long term weight loss of more than about 10% of their weight. However I suspect that gaining and losing quickly after the gain may be a bit easier (your body may still be fighting the gain and not have re-adjusted its set point). But if you gain and stay there for a while it may get harder to lose all of it.
3 years

Thanks guys. Decided to gain 20 pounds. Then see how I feel about it before deciding whether to fully go got it over the Xmas holidays.
3 years

It all really depends. I'm normally underweight and have health issues that make gaining very hard. Its possible. I've done it before and loved it. But stopped because of life getting in the way and lost it pretty fast. For me to gain I have to go insanely hard at it. Like heavy cream everyday. I can't eat much and my illness makes eating painful. I have been on medications that do make it easier at times. So doing that test gain has lots of individual factors at play. Same with how and if you will lose it and how fast.
Also, if it will be noticeable also depends, as people have been saying. I'm not that tall. 5'8" and I'm at the moment underweight. So I notice almost every pound. As do some people I know. Like my mother because she has a bad relationship with food and fat. But noticing it and feeling even small amounts of weight made me want more and more. So it was very motivating. Best of luck!
3 years

Thanks for all your inputs guys. Just over 10lbs heavier don’t feel much different although seem to be growing a impressive set of moobs which isn’t great lol. See how I feel after another 10
3 years

So turns out very hard to shift the extra 20lbs lol. Guess this little starter belly is staying
2 years

gettingagutuk:
So turns out very hard to shift the extra 20lbs lol. Guess this little starter belly is staying

I hope you don’t mind it sticking around haha
2 years

WaffleDeluxe:
I hope you don’t mind it sticking around haha[/quote]

No I quite like it plus I don’t think it will be a starter belly for long with winter coming up
2 years