Lifestyle tips

Do you get embarrassed?

When you go grocery shopping do you ever get embarrassed buying so many fattening items? My cart looked like a little kid filled it full of all sorts of obvious fattening foods.

I'm getting use to it, but yesterday even I was a little shocked....lol
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

It's a guilty pleasure of mine to be in line and taking tabs on some 400lb woman's cart.

As a fit guy, it still blows me away to see someone casually buy an entire small cake for themselves as a snack. šŸ˜²
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

Online shopping is a lifesaver for the easily embarrassed! I buy shelf-stable goods in bulk online and refrigerated or frozen foods in person. Nobody in real life needs to know just how many bags of chips I buy at one time.
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

Not really but I buy a lot at one time because I shop for a month at a time.
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

I don't think much of it but, when uber eats sends the same person a third time in a day is a bit awkward
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

I to only go to the store once a month. If itā€™s an older person cashier they may say something but I just tell them I only go once a month. There have been people that glance but donā€™t say anything. Fuckā€™em lol let them look. Itā€™s my cart.
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

All of the time. Family points it out. Sometimes a friend will say that it looks like i've been eating well to which I reply, " Yes, I have and that's how I roll".
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

No embarrassment, but itā€™s different for me.

Iā€™m eating far better now, but between about 2010 and 2015, i literally lived almost entirely off of bagged potato, corn, and related chips, and piles of manufactured chocolate candy (M&Ms were a big fave), with protein drinks and soups and sometimes ground meats thrown in. This was related to what i had to do at the time to survive after the medical community (orthodox and alternative) gave up on me, until i found better ways. It all relates to severe intestinal issues starting decades ago which almost killed me and required surgery that has basically the same effect as a gastric bypass: removal of a section of my small intestine. I was average-slender before all this, and since then itā€™s a daily battle to get nutrients into me, more or less taking fat gain off the table.

January & post-Easter: go into Target or wherever and clean out the bagged candy on deep discount sale sectionā€”no shame.

Every week: mountains of bagged chip products. On these grocery trips i was usually with my housemate/ex, a mid-sized BBW. There were a number of times she felt the need to clarify ā€œTheyā€™re for him. I donā€™t eat those.ā€ And for the most part, she didnā€™t.

This was at checkout, where they also tended to ask (esp. me solo) ā€œHaving a party?ā€ I donā€™t recall noticing other customers paying attention to my/our carts/baskets.

Those who inquired tended to regret it, because iā€™d automatically launch into a very friendly and detailed discussion of my medical issues and why i was eating these things and could not (and still cannot) digest fruits & vegetables unless juiced, etc. etc. Pretty much always their eyes glazed over and they said nothing more.

I like to think that my efforts made a whole lot of Big Lots! and Trader Joeā€™s checkers around the western San Gabriel Valley and Huntington Beach areas of southern California think twice or thrice before asking other customers about things they were buying. They certainly tended to remember and not ask me again.

Youā€™re welcome.šŸ˜
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

Jiggle Junkie:
No embarrassment, but itā€™s different for me.

Iā€™m eating far better now, but between about 2010 and 2015, i literally lived almost entirely off of bagged potato, corn, and related chips, and piles of manufactured chocolate candy (M&Ms were a big fave), with protein drinks and soups and sometimes ground meats thrown in. This was related to what i had to do at the time to survive after the medical community (orthodox and alternative) gave up on me, until i found better ways. It all relates to severe intestinal issues starting decades ago which almost killed me and required surgery that has basically the same effect as a gastric bypass: removal of a section of my small intestine. I was average-slender before all this, and since then itā€™s a daily battle to get nutrients into me, more or less taking fat gain off the table.

January & post-Easter: go into Target or wherever and clean out the bagged candy on deep discount sale sectionā€”no shame.

Every week: mountains of bagged chip products. On these grocery trips i was usually with my housemate/ex, a mid-sized BBW. There were a number of times she felt the need to clarify ā€œTheyā€™re for him. I donā€™t eat those.ā€ And for the most part, she didnā€™t.

This was at checkout, where they also tended to ask (esp. me solo) ā€œHaving a party?ā€ I donā€™t recall noticing other customers paying attention to my/our carts/baskets.

Those who inquired tended to regret it, because iā€™d automatically launch into a very friendly and detailed discussion of my medical issues and why i was eating these things and could not (and still cannot) digest fruits & vegetables unless juiced, etc. etc. Pretty much always their eyes glazed over and they said nothing more.

I like to think that my efforts made a whole lot of Big Lots! and Trader Joeā€™s checkers around the western San Gabriel Valley and Huntington Beach areas of southern California think twice or thrice before asking other customers about things they were buying. They certainly tended to remember and not ask me again.

Youā€™re welcome.šŸ˜

It sounds as though, you've been through a lot. I'm pleased to know that you're doing better or hanging in there. Never surrender. Life is precious.
3 years

Do you get embarrassed?

No, not at all.
3 years
123   loading