Gaining

Olanzapine and weight gain

Has anyone ever been on olanzapine? I heard it really makes you gain weight because it shuts down your metabolism. Anyone ever been on it? How quickly do you gain?
3 years

I wonder what would happen if someone drank heavy cream on it.
3 years

Can you find olanzapine on the shelf?
3 years

High:
From what I've read, people put on ridiculous amounts of weight on it. Depending on the physician, it can be prescribed for psychosis to depression to sleep disorder (rare).
I've also read that people being on it for too long may develop metabolic syndrome or outright diabetes.
Definitely do your research.

Do you know how fast they gained?
3 years

Mr_Jive:
Can you find olanzapine on the shelf?

No it’s prescription
3 years

Maybe I’ll document what happens
3 years

"The antidepressant Remeron (Mirtazapine) is often a cause of weight gain, and when taken with Zyprexa (Olanzapine) has been shown to cause 30 lbs. weight gain in a 6 month case study."

mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/01/31/zyprexa-and-weight-gain-how-it-causes-you-to-get-fat/
3 years

Perhaps so ... it also includes a study population that was trying NOT to gain weight. So they typically gained 30 lb in 6 months despite actively trying not to.

Imagine the effect for those who are trying to gain!
3 years

fatchance:
Perhaps so ... it also includes a study population that was trying NOT to gain weight. So they typically gained 30 lb in 6 months despite actively trying not to.

Imagine the effect for those who are trying to gain!

Maybe I’ll find out
3 years

It definitely makes you hungry
3 years
12   loading