Gaining

Olanzapine and weight gain

Looks like I might be going on some similar meds as well too plus stuff for insomnia.

Its been a darker fantasy of mine to lose control over my weight to medication after seeing a friend balloon up four dress sizes and now it may happen to me has me slightly nervous..

Not that I would say no to an extra 30 or 50lbs from an insatiable appetite!
3 years

ExSkinnyGuy:
Looks like I might be going on some similar meds as well too plus stuff for insomnia.

Its been a darker fantasy of mine to lose control over my weight to medication after seeing a friend balloon up four dress sizes and now it may happen to me has me slightly nervous..

Not that I would say no to an extra 30 or 50lbs from an insatiable appetite!

Dude it’s so weird. I eat but 10 minutes later I feel like I haven’t eaten all day. I haven’t gained weight though
3 years

TryingHard:but disliked the excessive sleep I was getting.

Had a friend in HS on it and she slept ALL the time while on it. She would constantly miss meetups with us because she would doze off after school. Would take 5-6 hr naps, wake up to call us and apologize. Then would go to bed for the night sleeping another 8-9hrs.

Went to a music festival with her, she dropped two hits of acid and then went to bed 6hrs later! We couldn't believe jaw it was physically possible.

And yes, she gained a LOT of weight on it, too. She's still quite heavy to this day.
3 years

TryingHard:
I took olanzapine. It definitely did, what my doctor told me it would do. During that time, I allowed myself to eat whatever and whenever I wanted to.

Throughout that experience, I ate what felt appropriate. I was not purposely stuffing myself. I just always felt hungry and once eating commenced I felt little reason to stop.

After 8 months on it, I gained 40 lbs. It helped my mind, but it also made me very lethargic. I enjoyed the weight gain but disliked the excessive sleep I was getting.

What was your dosage?
3 years

doctor1313:
I wonder what would happen if someone drank heavy cream on it.

It's often carbs that make you fat on Olanzapine because it completely changes the way your body burns glucose. This is also why one of the main side effects is diabetes. Your insulin is constantly spiked while on it.
3 years
12   loading