Story authors

Writers of ff

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, tbh the forum software just pissed me off when I was trying to quote you so I guess I took my time giving it another go. Here's hoping this turns out better.

girlcrisis:
Thanks for the very thoughtful reply, LitMistress. Would you ever post any one shots or is there a reason why you prefer to post longer stories with a plot and some form of overarching meaning? Just curious because I enjoy reading a lot of one shots and stories that don't go beyond well written smut but find that sort of thing difficult to write myself. Most of my stories either start with a scenario or a weight gain story trope that I'd like to put my own twist on but find it impossible to proceed without a sense of who the characters are as for me this informs the power dynamic between the main characters and where the main conflict/tension of the plot comes from.

I guess it's just human nature to admire/envy people who have skills that you lack but over time I've stopped feeling deprived of being a more prolific pure smut peddler and just leaned into being more character focused. I've definitely found it's been a benefit of getting back into writing after a long hiatus that it's not that difficult to pick up stories where they were left off because it's fairly easy to slip back into characters and in a way they "tell me" what's going to happen next.

I probably won't post any one shots because they aren't the kind of content I'm interested in reading nor that I'm good at writing! I tend to not even start reading anything that's shorter than 10 chapters, though I prefer longer.

I'm a big fan of romance novels going back to when I was a tween; I loved YA romance before I even read about sex. I pull a lot from that love when I write, and I find the sex scenes more fulfilling when they were built up to with a good story and are between two people who have a meaningful relationship.

Additionally, my favorite part of the kink is hedonism. I don't actually like humiliation, which I fear is obvious when I write but I try to add it in because I know people like it. Sometimes I do it well, sometimes it comes off more drama then, like, sexy I guess. But anyway, hedonism plays in VERY well with romance. It just falls right in with finding someone who really loves you for who you are, who encourages you to indulge in what makes you happy no matter what others think. I enjoy writing characters who know what their love interest wants before the love interest does... it's a fun dynamic.

This isn't to say I don't think there is merit to shorter pieces, I just think that my "brand" (if you will) is basically romance novels with characters interested in feederism. I mean, I feel like you could even argue my stuff is almost not smut at times. That doesn't bother me at all, I'd prefer to write romance. If people like shorts, I think there are many wonderful writers that are fantastically talented at writing them. And if they like longer, more thought out works, I hope they try mine.

girlcrisis:
Ah yeah, Dream Dungeon was a great story. Hopefully you'll find the time and mental/life space to finish it. Just wondering what's the most unexpected way one of your stories has changed during the writing process?

Actually, the one that changed the most was Dream Dungeon. It WAS supposed to be a shorter piece. Originally, I saw it as about 4 chapters where Jess falls prey to The Mistress and once The Mistress is done with her, she moves on to the next victim. But then the idea for the rest of the story struck me after the second chapter and I got really excited to write it. It went from just a fall into hedonism to a more dynamic story that, for me, was way more compelling.

I think that explains why I don't write shorts, also. I get too carried away with story when I try!
3 years

Writers of ff

I pick one moment or scene I wanna see, then justify a story around it.

Sometimes? Writing's elusive and fun and strange.
3 years

Writers of ff

I almost always start with a scenario. I get some idea that really tickles me and I have to bring it to life.

If it's a longer story, I'll map out the plot, really loosely. It's usually a keyword or a single scene I want to happen. As I write, I'll get ideas and I'll add quick notes to the outline.

I rarely plan characters. I prefer to let them introduce themselves to me and surprise me.
3 years

Writers of ff

I only posted one story here, which is almost complete, but I have several ideas and I'm working on a second one now. Everyone has a unique way of doing it, I plan ahead, I already know the chapters I'm making and what I want to say in each of them then I just write them. I use the Novelist app, it helps a lot in organising the process.

Edit: I should add, altough I obviously write about what I enjoy, I try to think about what others might enjoy and try to also add it, that way it can be enjoyed by more people. I also find that keeping things somewhat vague, in descriptions of scenes, people's appearance and such, helps because it leaves room for the reader to insert his imagination into the story
3 years

Writers of ff

Personally I tend to wait till a particular genre or theme catches my interest outside of a fetish context. Because of particular piece of vanilla media that I'm obsessed with during that moment in time. Then I'll come up with a particular concept that I think could be mined for content. With a vague idea of a beginning an ending some themes I could use.

Then I tend to break it down into layers of planning. Since I'm only interested in writing longer stories. I'll start with the top layer which is the very-very long term beginning and end. Then I'll break that down into different sections. Then break down those sections into arcs. With a vague idea of what the current arc and the next two after it will contain before writing.

Characters are kind of tricky. I start with a basic personality or vibe I think might work. But they tend to only really start having depth once I'm actively writing them into scenes. I've had throwaway characters become more important cause the audience liked them. Or because I felt I found myself writing some great stuff for them.
3 years

Writers of ff

Although I don't post stuff here (yet), I like to do a three-part venn diagram and think of three different concepts. The story will be a combination of all three. E.g. gang warfare, vampires, and hospitals.

Characters are harder, but I try to provide a really stark choice at the end of each section, whether that's a chapter in a book or a scene in a short story. Then in the next, the character has to deal with the consequences and move on to the next. Mine often aren't able to deal right away, but as the character goes through the ups and downs of their choices, it makes the character a lot deeper.
3 years

Writers of ff

Thanks for all the replies to this post. I would still love to hear from more people.
3 years

Writers of ff

I write the stories from a particular idea that I haven’t seen covered before here on FF. I also LOVE to write romance and like to write a good romance with the fetish thrown in there to help move the relationship forward, like my current work. I dislike humiliation and slob-like behavior so I avoid that in my writing. I really love pregnancy so I tend to write more of that with weight gain happening in the story since I also love that. I tend to write as I go since it’s hard for me to plan an entire story out. Yay for ADHD. :x.
3 years
12   loading