Fat experiences

When you became fat, did people treat you differently?

I've been considered short and thin all of my life. When I hit 40, my metabolism slowed down and I plumped up quickly. I recieved a mixture of reactions. Some were VERY friendly with me while others just looked at me seeming to be less responsive than when I was smaller. I'm 5'3, making every pound count. For those of you who started small and became overweight, did you receive different reactions after the weight gain?
3 years

Yes and especially by my eventually ex husband and my Mother.
3 years

Ditzy:

That's terrible. smiley
3 years

I've openly dated both skinny girls and fat girls. A lot more fat girls than skinny girls, but, enough to experience the grand canyon divide between how people treat you when you're dating a fat girl vs a skinny girl. Dating a skinny girl, even if she's a piece of shit, is like going in for a job interview when your dad is the CEO, only everyone you meet is the interviewer. People fucking love you when you date a skinny girl. Dating a fat girl is like being that person who has 4 advanced degrees and 20 years of experience, only to be passed up for the CEO's son because the interviewer thinks people with facial hair are Muslim terrorists and you might be a pedophile and he already got the job anyway.

I still prefer dating fat women, but god damn it, does it get exhausting sometimes dealing with OTHER PEOPLE. Fuck society yo. My girlfriend's mom has literally called me a mentally ill goblin deviant for being attracted to her daughter.
3 years

Ditzy:

My mother is a great lady. However, she always makes it a point to let me know when I have gained weight.
3 years

Louiefat:
I've openly dated both skinny girls and fat girls. A lot more fat girls than skinny girls, but, enough to experience the grand canyon divide between how people treat you when you're dating a fat girl vs a skinny girl. Dating a skinny girl, even if she's a piece of shit, is like going in for a job interview when your dad is the CEO, only everyone you meet is the interviewer. People fucking love you when you date a skinny girl. Dating a fat girl is like being that person who has 4 advanced degrees and 20 years of experience, only to be passed up for the CEO's son because the interviewer thinks people with facial hair are Muslim terrorists and you might be a pedophile and he already got the job anyway.

I still prefer dating fat women, but god damn it, does it get exhausting sometimes dealing with OTHER PEOPLE. Fuck society yo. My girlfriend's mom has literally called me a mentally ill goblin deviant for being attracted to her daughter.

I'm sorry to hear that. Life is complicated for sure.
3 years

I was actually treated extremely rude by family when I got thinner. When I was fatter they loved me. I can’t really tell that much of a difference with strangers.
3 years

I started gaining at 150. When the weight really started to show people that knew me as skinny thought that I was depressed and sad. Once my boss took to me lunch. A place known for their salads and had an “honest” conversation with me about possibly having a binge eating disorder. Why else would I be gaining so much weight? Those in my life “ felt sorry for me” because as they put it I would not find a wife and letting my “ best years pass me by”. When I moved away to attend grad school new people in my life only ever knew me as fat. They were able to see my life was full and I was living good.
3 years

Yes they did. Insults seemed to be coming daily until I finally said screw them,it is my body and I like it! So I went from the original 170 to 235,then up to 315.What the future brings,I'll just let happen and enjoy the ride.
3 years

Ditzy:

johniav:
My mother is a great lady. However, she always makes it a point to let me know when I have gained weight.

Same here since I became the fat one out of my mother and sister.
3 years
12   loading