Fat experiences

When you became fat, did people treat you differently?

I started gaining weight in high school, and my family was pretty rude about it. My grandparents came to see me graduate, but made fun of my weight. I responded by not going to any family functions for the next seven years.

My mom, who has always struggled with her weight, was furious with her folks and when I did eventually assent to coming to a Thanksgiving, she told them to keep their traps shut or they wouldn't see either of us for another seven years. They kept quiet and the rest of the family has been quiet since. It helps that some of the family have gained as they aged, though I'm 95% sure I'm the heaviest and I'm still extremely conscious of what little I eat whenever I'm around the extended family.

As for friends, I haven't heard a peep about my weight since...well, ever. I guess it helps that a lot of my friends growing up were and still are fat. But even if they weren't, I doubt they'd say anything, even in a concern trolling context.

The only time any stranger has commented on my size was when my wife and I were in Tokyo a few years ago. I was out getting breakfast for us about the time kids were walking to school. A kid passed me, looked up at me and said, "Oohki gaijin desu!" ("That's a big foreigner!" To be fair, I'm 6' & 290 pounds, and I stood out a mile in Tokyo.) My Japanese is basic but I still understood, and gave them a smiling 'I know what you said, kid,' look. 'Oh crap, they know' flashed across the kid's face and they hurried off.
3 years

A couple of times someone said something.

A former coworker I hadn’t seen in years told me I got chubby.
My sister once said “hey, what happened?”
My aunt, on two occasions remarked in front of others that I got tubby.

I was offended then but not anymore. I strike first. I have tee shirts that say Chubby Guys Cuddle Better; Living The Chubby Bearded Life; I Hate Being Sexy But I’m A Chubby Bearded Man So I Can’t Help It; If You’re Into Chubby Bearded Guys Then Hello.

I’m fat, I like being fat, I’m proud of being fat. Now if anyone says anything I shrug and say “Yeah, and...?” Puts them right off their guard. lol
3 years

Ditzy:
Yes and especially by my eventually ex husband and my Mother.

johniav:
My mother is a great lady. However, she always makes it a point to let me know when I have gained weight.

chubbydiva:
Same here since I became the fat one out of my mother and sister.

Yeah, my mom was really the person that I was worried about because I had talked to her when I moved down South but she hadn't seen me because I basically went down there to gain in the first place so once I got past her slick comments I paid no attention to anyone else.
3 years

Etiola:
DEFINITELY. People were way nicer to me when I was skinny or thin.

Very sad to ear that. I was teased by family but I was able to say the last word about it, I told them I was thin long enough, and a little more fat will not do me any harm, and they accepted it, although they did trying to put more healthy food on table.
3 years

When i was 170 (which was my highest weight), i definitely noticed strangers weren't looking at me anymore. People weren't as nice, i could see people didn't think of me as cute anymore sjhdhjehsje. My family teased me a lot too. Still, I'm hoping to get back to this weight and more
3 years

BHMZach:
one thing I have noticed since getting big is that people will offer me more food, it’s either letting me know there is extra or leftovers...

I know the feeling...
3 years

It was comforting to see my ex's wife is no longer shapely and is well on her way to being a fat cow.
I mean that in the nicest way too LOLOLOL
3 years

Ditzy:
It was comforting to see my ex's wife is no longer shapely and is well on her way to being a fat cow.
I mean that in the nicest way too LOLOLOL

I am so glad you said this because it is like fat revenge. I had exes who was fascinated by my girth but grew tired of it only to see them years later and they look miserable with their beer bellied guy when that had my hanging gut so readily available to them but they messed that up. Lol.
3 years
12   loading