Gaining

Best way to break a plateau

Ive found in order to break through a really tough plateau, I need to lose a few pounds before I can punch through it. There may be a better way to go about this that is just what works for me.
3 years

So I've always started with just trying to greatly increase my intake. If that doesn't work take about 2 weeks and limit your intake, make your body shift into famine mode and then try the first method again.
Sometimes when you're not getting any progress you need to back up and get a running start.
3 years

Thick Lad:
Ive found in order to break through a really tough plateau, I need to lose a few pounds before I can punch through it. There may be a better way to go about this that is just what works for me.

I second this. Every time I get self conscious about my weight I'll work to loose some. The second i ease up on loosing weight, I gain it all back and then some,
3 years

Huzzah to yoyo dieting!
3 years

Yup, the yoyo dieting definitely works for me, too. I take a one week break from gaining, reducing my caloric intake to what it was when I weighed 166 pounds.

After the diet, I start a new gaining cycle and the heavy whipping cream takes care of the rest.
3 years