Food and recipes

Japanese food. i have recipes!

I have a special place in my heart for Japanese food.
When I was young, my dad would go to Japan on business trips. Once he returned, he took me to the most authentic(haven’t encountered one since) Japanese restaurant in our city. It’s a comfort food now.
Anyone else enjoy Japanese food and want some recipes Ive used before? Not my own, but ones I’ve used with great results. 👍🏼
3 years

I love Japanese food, I’d be delighted to read your recipes!
3 years

Same I would love to read some
3 years

sweetfattie:
I love Japanese food, I’d be delighted to read your recipes!

Well to be clear: they are NOT mine but rather those I’ve used with moderate success in an area I can procure the ingredients

My favorite ones come from Just One Cookbook. She also has a lovely almost AMSR YouTube channel if you like to listen to someone cook with very little commentary.
Here’s what I made last night and we are having for leftovers:
www.justonecookbook.com/pressure-cooker-oxtail-soup/

Instant Pot Oxtail Soup(it’s a Chinese recipe but the author has it on her mostly Japanese food blog bc of her husband). There is a non-instant pot version as well.
3 years

Tomorrow night I’ll be making oven baked chicken katsu. I’d prefer deep fry but I want a new Dutch oven first.

For lunch the next day(or perhaps dinner bc leftovers is great on the pocket) I’d like to make this:
www.justonecookbook.com/chicken-katsu-onigirazu/

It includes the chicken plus rice, veggies(cabbage or spinach) and a fried egg wrapped in nori(seaweed).
3 years