Gaining

How do i get started

Blubrlovr:
Hey, i have been wanting to get fatter for a while now and i need some help getting started. i want to eat more, but when i actually eat, i just eat as much as i do normally and i don't make the effort to eat more, gaining just isnt on my mind then and i just eat until im full. im hardly getting any exercise so gaining should be pretty easy, but i just can't seem to get started or get motivated. got any tips?

Blubrlovr; I started my gain after I retired from the military reserves. I have gained around twenty five pounds. I found adding, say a dessert or substituting butter for margarine, whole milk for 2% milk. Eat more at meals or just add treats between meals. I wanted to gain slowly, as not to get stretch marks and to minimize any health issues. Good luck.
3 years

How do i get started

It's pretty easy to start gaining. Adding as little as 500 calories can get you started. It won't be quick gains by itself but you'll see it start adding up. A candy bar and a soda will get you there.

The other thing you'll really want to consider is lowering your activity. If nothing else try to minimize how much you have to walk around your home. Like move furniture so it takes fewer steps to get a snack.

Finally you might want to embrace grazing. Make it easy to mindlessly snack. Introduce snack stations around the house. Grab a bag of chips when you go to watch tv. Make food easily accessible and you'll find yourself eating without thinking about it.
3 years

How do i get started

Blubrlovr:
Hey, i have been wanting to get fatter for a while now and i need some help getting started. i want to eat more, but when i actually eat, i just eat as much as i do normally and i don't make the effort to eat more, gaining just isnt on my mind then and i just eat until im full. im hardly getting any exercise so gaining should be pretty easy, but i just can't seem to get started or get motivated. got any tips?

fanedfox:
Blubrlovr; I started my gain after I retired from the military reserves. I have gained around twenty five pounds. I found adding, say a dessert or substituting butter for margarine, whole milk for 2% milk. Eat more at meals or just add treats between meals. I wanted to gain slowly, as not to get stretch marks and to minimize any health issues. Good luck.

Fanedfox's advice for gaining slowly but surely is right on the money. Speaking from personal experience it works and allows your body to properly adjust as you go along. (See my comment in "Tips to a New Gainer" in this section).
3 years

How do i get started

Blubrlovr:

I have a lot of gaining tips on a fat positive IG page I run. It’s called @fatties_hq on Instagram.
3 years