Lifestyle tips

Any tips to gain belly fat healthly?

I am interested in knowing too, I want a very soft belly until Christmas
3 years

"I suggest overeating foods with high amounts of the long chain saturated fatty acids palmitic and stearic acid as these fats help reduce visceral fat. Dairy fat and cacao butter have lots of them so they're good for gaining primarily subcutaneous fat. Lots of gainers like using heavy cream to gain. Omega-6 fatty acids(linoleic acid(most of soybean oil)) interfere with that beneficial effect and cause visceral fat gains so I recommend minimizing that. Alcohol and sugar(especially fructose) cause visceral fat gains too so only have them in moderation. If you have carbs, try to opt for whole over refined. The fiber helps lower visceral gains."

You know I’m something of a scientist myself...
3 years

becomingoverweight:
Here's some advice I've posted for gaining primarily subcutaneous fat:
"I suggest overeating foods with high amounts of the long chain saturated fatty acids palmitic and stearic acid as these fats help reduce visceral fat. Dairy fat and cacao butter have lots of them so they're good for gaining primarily subcutaneous fat. Lots of gainers like using heavy cream to gain. Omega-6 fatty acids(linoleic acid(most of soybean oil)) interfere with that beneficial effect and cause visceral fat gains so I recommend minimizing that. Alcohol and sugar(especially fructose) cause visceral fat gains too so only have them in moderation. If you have carbs, try to opt for whole over refined. The fiber helps lower visceral gains."

And here is a thread I made with loads of scientific studies on fat's effects on health and how to affect fat distribution:
Compendium of Fat Studies

Hi becomingoverweight,

I have read your thread a while ago and I must admit that I don’t know what to take from it... I am trying to relate that to products I can find in stores.

I have the feeling that there are waaay more bad foods in processed products, according to your description. Example: chocolate snacks (lots of refined sugar) bad, pasta (carbs) bad, ice cream (made nowadays with very little read dairy) bad... A lot of prepared lunches are based on vegetable oils (I would say bad again?...) and the list seems to go an and on...

On the "good" food side, I listed cream, fat meats... what about butter and cheese? (The problem with cheese is the high amount of salt, which is really bad) what about nuts and peanut butter?

In which prepared products would you find a high amount of cocoa butter?

So, your thread definitely helps but I don’t understand how to apply it in real life and frankly I feel a bit confused. What are your views in that matter?
3 years

becomingoverweight:
In terms of food it helps to look at a meal as a whole.
...etc.

Thanks, it makes more sense now!
3 years