Feedback and suggestions

Being able to choose to talk or not

It could be nice to offer a new option for members: being enabled to accept or not to received messages on their profiles or whether they want or not to talk in a private chat.

Some people are solely here to read stories, weight gain entries, forum topics, to look at pictures, etc and may not want to interact or be contacted by members.
It would also be a good thing for people new to the whole « feederism world » would like just to be left alone to figure out what they like until they are ready to talk with others. Because, let’s face it, it can be overwhelming sometime to be here and even scary when people with lack of knowledge of how human interaction works decide to contact you.

As for the private chats, I am well aware that if people come in the chat room, they, implicitly, accept to be talked to but they may want to chat only in the main room. They could close private chats each time one pops up but it would be easier to deactivate that option and members who wish to initiate a conversation would not waste a private chat with someone who do not want to talk.

I do know that we can write in our bio that we do no want to be contacted. Although a lot of people do not read bio’s before sending a message: that option will save their time and, maybe, teach them to read a profile thoroughly before doing anything.

Having such a possibility would be a good way to uphold « active consent » (credit to a friend for that wording) too.

I have no idea how this can be done or how much it would cost though; it’s just an idea.

I am not a native English speaker so if there is any grammatical or spelling mistakes bear with it, thank you.
3 years

Being able to choose to talk or not

I think this would be a good idea.

I've come full circle on this - initially, I thought people who don't want to be contacted have other options to make 99% sure this doesn't happen - just lie on your profile, gender = Male, age = over 80, location = somewhere random like Mongolia, don't post any photos. Job's a good'un.

Then I thought back to my experiences 5-10 years ago, when I did none of the above, and posted a bunch of pics as a female, early 20s, from a very accessible UK town. I posted pics for the thrill of seeing comments calling me fat, but PMs I got sometimes veered towards being wayyyyyy too graphic, to the point where I deleted my account more than once because they just made me feel gross.

I've loved swapping PMs with people on FF, it has genuinely opened me up to some fun new experiences. I've also talked myself round to feeling like receiving some of those unwanted PMs ultimately toughens you up online. When I started posting pics again, I just thought - take the rough with the smooth, if you like the comments then you might as well put up with the vore/dick descriptions/whatever trolls were fine to say in private but not in a pic comment. But looking back, I think having the option to not receive PMs would have been quite helpful - particularly if you could enable/disable it for a bit, I would have felt better knowing that people who sent 2-3 shitty messages on the trot wouldn't ne able to send 10 more without me deleting my account.

So, for a feature that can't be that tricky to enable - might as well! I think it would make FF more welcoming for a select few, and I can't see just having a negative impact on anyone else.

Philoadeps:
It could be nice to offer a new option for members: being enabled to accept or not to received messages on their profiles or whether they want or not to talk in a private chat.

Some people are solely here to read stories, weight gain entries, forum topics, to look at pictures, etc and may not want to interact or be contacted by members.
It would also be a good thing for people new to the whole « feederism world » would like just to be left alone to figure out what they like until they are ready to talk with others. Because, let’s face it, it can be overwhelming sometime to be here and even scary when people with lack of knowledge of how human interaction works decide to contact you.

As for the private chats, I am well aware that if people come in the chat room, they, implicitly, accept to be talked to but they may want to chat only in the main room. They could close private chats each time one pops up but it would be easier to deactivate that option and members who wish to initiate a conversation would not waste a private chat with someone who do not want to talk.

I do know that we can write in our bio that we do no want to be contacted. Although a lot of people do not read bio’s before sending a message: that option will save their time and, maybe, teach them to read a profile thoroughly before doing anything.

Having such a possibility would be a good way to uphold « active consent » (credit to a friend for that wording) too.

I have no idea how this can be done or how much it would cost though; it’s just an idea.

I am not a native English speaker so if there is any grammatical or spelling mistakes bear with it, thank you.
3 years