Gaining

Things that piss you off when you're gaining

Oh man, where do I even start?

First of all if you order any kind of takeout, you should always ask for no ice so there's more soda or beverage. Don't worry, you'll most likely finish the beverage before it could get warm.

Anyway, a few things that I have found annoying.

Cost in General

This more applies if you were never really big before, or don't come from a family where others are pretty large. Having fat family members can help since many of the items they may have given you over the years will be fat friendly.

There's many things that could be no longer suitable beyond a certain size, and may need early replacement. Some of these items aren't the cheapest or the easiest to find.

Furniture

A couch is typically going to be able to accommodate any reasonable size. The same over, can't be said about all chairs. Certain lawn chairs look a bit flimsy and I wonder if they won't buckle under even as low as 250 lbs.

Many office/desk chair offerings are also only rated for 250 lbs, which would also include clothing, items you may be holding, and possibly if anyone is sitting on your lap. It seems that chairs rated for say, 400 or 450 lbs cost a good bit more. I don't know how much buffer there is, as in excess capacity above the rated for safety.

Given the enhanced expense, it's very important to avoid bonded leather upholstery, since it wears out and looks bad after about 3 years. You will have to look for either some sort of cloth upholstery, or real leather to make it last much longer. Real leather of course costs much more, but would probably be worth it. It might be harder to find another suitable office chair later when you need to in a short enough time frame, not to mention the cost of frequent replacement.

Cars/Motor Vehicles

I very much doubt anyone here has a Smart Car. Those are freakishly small and would feel "cozy" even for someone underweight.

But if you have a compact car like a Civic or Yaris, I doubt someone 300 lbs would be happy with it. At 400, I just don't see how. You will need a car that will comfortably accommodate your wide ass.

This isn't always the cheapest thing, obviously.

Clothing Size Estimates

Difficult to estimate projected clothing size, especially when you try to do so in a budget friendly way. One good thing though is that if the clothes really are too big, I feel somewhat motivated to eat more since the clothes won't feel snug even if I feel full.

But the worst is getting larger clothes and then hitting a gaining plateau.

Clothing Availability

If you're well above the average size, finding clothes that fit and look good may be a challenge.

You may have to spend more time looking for clothes. If you happen to see a particular item, there's a strong case to be made to get it anyway, right now, even if you don't technically need it yet, because good luck finding it later.

For women, finding bras that properly fit are always a challenge even under the most ideal circumstances. But if you're really large, it's all that much harder.

I once read about this SSBBW (pretty sure she was over 350 lbs) who traveled frequently for her job. She packed extra luggage containing, of all things, much more underwear and clothes that would otherwise be needed for each trip. Though she didn't normally need them, they were insurance.

Thing is, clothes can be damaged for one reason or another, or even lost. I guess she dealt with that before, and faced the difficulty in availability.

Online shopping? No, the items probably won't get there in time, especially if the trip is only a week or even shorter. Local shopping? Macy's has a high chance of not having something suitable. Torrid? Torrid doesn't sell anything appropriate for professional environments. Lane Bryant? There's still a chance they won't have a suitable item in the right size. Not to mention the problems involved with finding the right bra sizes.

So what does she do? Just packs a bunch of extra clothes just in case.

Eyes Being Bigger Than Your Stomach

When gaining, you have to eat more. Sometimes you overestimate how much you can eat, or you think you can eat more than you end up being able to. Or you prepare food based on being turned on, because you want to be able to eat all that in one sitting.

I hate waste so this can mean leftovers sometimes, not to mention the supreme disappointment. It's even worse if it's food that might not really keep.

But man, the sense of satisfaction when you manage an eating milestone.

These are just a few things, there's probably more.
3 years

Things that piss you off when you're gaining

Not being able to direct where the weight goes. A lot of my weight goes to my belly whereas it took me awhile before I got a proper double chin, boobs, and plump arms.
3 years