Lifestyle tips

Loving when people lose and regain

I have gained and lost several times and each time I gained the weight back I got flabbier and fatter in places I was never that fat in the time before.
3 years

I've witnessed friends lose for a vacation. The girl wants to fit in a bikini and will crash diet hard for 3-4 months to prepare for this cruise/trip. Usually it's to celebrate an anniversary.

And of course they have to vlog every moment of their struggle on social media. And show off their new figure.

Their metabolism is at a crawl by time they leave for the trip due to them starving themselves for months.

And then you'll see a Facebook photo a couple months after the vacation and they're an absolute bloated whale. Piled back all of the weight and then an extra 20-30lbs because they wrecked their metabolism and pigged out for the next couple months.
3 years

Bicepsual:
I've witnessed friends lose for a vacation. The girl wants to fit in a bikini and will crash diet hard for 3-4 months to prepare for this cruise/trip. Usually it's to celebrate an anniversary.

And of course they have to vlog every moment of their struggle on social media. And show off their new figure.

Their metabolism is at a crawl by time they leave for the trip due to them starving themselves for months.

And then you'll see a Facebook photo a couple months after the vacation and they're an absolute bloated whale. Piled back all of the weight and then an extra 20-30lbs because they wrecked their metabolism and pigged out for the next couple months.

There are people I only follow on socials I media because of their fluctuating weight hahaha
3 years

I have had the same up and down experience. Back in my mid-30s I went on several diets like Weight Watchers and Nutri-System, which were always successful in that I lost 25 to 30 lbs. each time. But when I went off the diets I ended up gaining back more than I originally lost.

So after a number of yo-yo experiences, I just said the heck with it and I decided I would eat what I wanted when I wanted and let nature take its course. I ended up slowly gaining 130 lbs. over a 10 year period, going from 175 lbs. to 305 lbs. and I have to admit I enjoyed every bit of my weight gaining experience. I have now settled in around 260lbs. as my maintenance weight and have decided I will never diet again.

Having said all of the above and being an FA, I do enjoy watching women gain more back than they originally lost when they go off their diets. It seems to be a very common experience and for me it is always breathtaking to see women fatten up more than ever after their diets are over.
3 years

This is alot of people I know this year and it brings a smile to my face.
3 years

Katfromabox:
This is so me this past couple years! Makes me even more doughy
I hope your loving the layers of fat your putting on yourself
3 years

jackluvsembig:
Love how the weight seems to redistribute itself after each cycle.

How does the weight seem to redistribute itself on the next gains after losing? I am curious. Is it different for everyone?
2 years

jackluvsembig:
Love how the weight seems to redistribute itself after each cycle.

Plump Belly To Curvy:
How does the weight seem to redistribute itself on the next gains after losing? I am curious. Is it different for everyone?

Its going to be different for every person as its not what you do, it is genetically linked how you gain weight. But in my experience when I was 300+ it was all over but for me it came back mostly all gut and lovehandles when I lost and regained!
2 years

Baba Yaga:
As sexy as it sounds, yo-yo dieting is not recommended. Up and down serious weight fluctuations damages your heart tissue.

It's actually healthier to stay consistent even if its at a higher weight than to yo-yo.

Spoken truth. I'm just thankful to have regained in the same spot(s) this time around knowing the fat can be distributed differently 2nd/3rd time around. Though not trying to dip or go down again, hopefully adjust better during plateaus.
2 years

This is absolutely me, since a young teen I’ve gone through cycles of losing and gaining big amounts of weight in short amounts of time. It definitely does take a toll on the body, and I’m sure I’ll notice that even more as I get older. Thankfully I no longer feel a desire to be thin, so there’ll be a lot less yo-yoing in my future. And I’m quite fat now, so my weight is steadily going up rather than piling on all at once (that was last year, lol). There’s an appeal to the big weight spikes but of course you have to weigh up the pros and cons.
2 years
12   loading