Stuffing

Need tips to keep stuffing on past stuffed

It’s Christmas, it has been a terrible year and I felt I really needed this one. So I’ve forced 5000 cals in within a few hours. And I’m very VERY stuffed but I want to keep going ASAP. Any encouragement or tips will be greatly appreciated. (Don’t mind discomfort or pain but I don’t cope well with nausea)
3 years

Take one more bite. Let it settle a bit. Repeat.
3 years

The competitive eaters say to be sure to stop before you vomit - that's not a sequence of events you want to get used to. You want to gradually stretch your stomach so you can get past that point.

Some medicines, like prednisone, have terrible side effects, but make you feel hungry.
3 years

When you feel it in your throat stop. Let it settle. Then you can slowly push on most likely with something sweet/light like a cake/pastry or cookie to reduce reflux. Over time you can literally sit during a football or soccer game spending most of the 3 hrs+ eating and settling to eat again.
3 years

Don't try to eat 10 hot dogs one after the other. Try 2-3 hot dogs, then a hamburger.

Try something salty, then something sweet.

Keep mixing things up so you don't get taste fatigue.
3 years

I have been practicing. I’m up to 5 meals per day, plus snacks. Usually 2-3 of the meals are in the evening which is contributing to my average 1 lb per week gain since December 1st.
Tonight I weighed myself after a massive stuffing of alternating between pasta and Nutella. I got so excited by the number in the scale that I went straight back to the kitchen and started eating leftover pasta from the pot. After 3 forkfuls, I got impatient and started eating with my hands. Then eclair. Then more Nutella.
3 years

Sounds like you're coming along just fine. Personally, I'm for slow and steady. Focus on finishing rather than being "fast".
Make sure you take time to enjoy that feeling of just past full - You know, where your belly stretches just a little, and really sink into it. It's not necessarily a race, so why force it to be one? Just make sure you finish it all, and over time finishing all that pasta and Nutella will be a quick snack.
Just my opinion.
3 years

One thing that really broke through plateaus with my wife is just hanging out in a restaurant longer. Just letting that overly stuffed feeling settle and nurse another beer or two over another 30-60 min.

That also gives her ample time to notice the 'wasted' food on the table, she'll actually start finishing all of the kids' uneaten dinners or the little leftover from the appetizers. Just a good way to stretch the stomach, enjoy that stuffed feeling and condition her that you can always fit in another little drink or few more bites.

"A good mom gets her money's worth and doesn't waste food. A good mom always finishes her kids' uneaten meals and leaves every plate clean for the waitress".
3 years

TheWhipHand:
Sounds like you're coming along just fine. Personally, I'm for slow and steady. Focus on finishing rather than being "fast".
Make sure you take time to enjoy that feeling of just past full - You know, where your belly stretches just a little, and really sink into it. It's not necessarily a race, so why force it to be one? Just make sure you finish it all, and over time finishing all that pasta and Nutella will be a quick snack.
Just my opinion.

I actually think you’re right about all of this. It’s not that I’m trying to stuff myself for hours every day. It’s just that I had a dormant food addiction which recently came back with a vengeance. So I’ve just been completely letting go of all control over my food intake and letting myself eat as much as my body wants.... which turns out to be an enormous amount of food. Every day.
3 years

Bicepsual:
One thing that really broke through plateaus with my wife is just hanging out in a restaurant longer. Just letting that overly stuffed feeling settle and nurse another beer or two over another 30-60 min.

That also gives her ample time to notice the 'wasted' food on the table, she'll actually start finishing all of the kids' uneaten dinners or the little leftover from the appetizers. Just a good way to stretch the stomach, enjoy that stuffed feeling and condition her that you can always fit in another little drink or few more bites.

"A good mom gets her money's worth and doesn't waste food. A good mom always finishes her kids' uneaten meals and leaves every plate clean for the waitress".

You seem to have everything going in the right track for your wife. Is she regularly getting heavier nowadays?
3 years
12   loading