General

Eating for free at restaurants.

Has anyone ever tried only eating at those places that offer "eat this huge meal and get it for free" I was thinking about how it would be a great way to gain and a cheap way to see America one day, just feeding a gf at one of those places 3 times a day
3 years

cantybrad:
Has anyone ever tried only eating at those places that offer "eat this huge meal and get it for free" I was thinking about how it would be a great way to gain and a cheap way to see America one day, just feeding a gf at one of those places 3 times a day

Sadly, those places are pretty rare. You’d have a hell of a time finding 3 in a day. However, there is a bright side. Food in restaurants is pretty cheap in America (comparatively speaking) and most places offer free refills on sodas and other soft drinks. So, the cost of food won’t weigh you down if you visit. Lodging, however, will likely be a bump in the road.
3 years

I haven't done the "eat this whole meal free" thing, but I do sign up for every birthday club I can find that gives you a free food item 😁
3 years

Only one time at a BBQ place in Kansas City.
I came close to finishing in the 45 min time limit they had so I had to pay for the meal. $55.00
I did eat all the food that was in the challenge it just took me longer.
It was the most I had ever eaten in one sitting.
2 full slabs of ribs,3 ears of corn,cole slaw, baked beans , a huge slice of Texas toast and a piece of corn bread.
I was sooo stuffed and was miserable for a few hours.
I was 420 lbs at the time and used to eating a lot.
3 years

Sounds like you had a great time
3 years

Try that in 45 mins
3 years

Ditzy:
Only one time at a BBQ place in Kansas City.
I came close to finishing in the 45 min time limit they had so I had to pay for the meal. $55.00
I did eat all the food that was in the challenge it just took me longer.
It was the most I had ever eaten in one sitting.
2 full slabs of ribs,3 ears of corn,cole slaw, baked beans , a huge slice of Texas toast and a piece of corn bread.
I was sooo stuffed and was miserable for a few hours.
I was 420 lbs at the time and used to eating a lot.

My ex and I would travel during the Summer to the South and we took those type of places on as a challenge but she was more of a stuffer than I ever could be. I can eat large quantities of food but I could never get to the point that I was miserable. I failed every time that we ever tried those types games but we did take pictures at these places to show that I at least tried but failed. I can eat just up to being full several times a day but she tried her best to finish in the time slot allotted to us.
3 years