Lifestyle tips

Sweating as a bigger person.

I'm so happy to have gotten over 220lbs, and whilst I'm very happy to be big, the sweatiness does get me embarrassed at work. I have an active ish job. Periods of intense movement and then sat down for an hour or so. In that moment of movement, the sweat can have started before I'm even out of breath!
Does anyone else find that they sweat quickly and profusely from their head after just a little work? I carry a flannel or head sweat band these days, as at least I can wipe it away.
Is there anything I can do (changing jobs might be doable in the longer term but not an option at the moment) to help reduce the speed of the sweating? Any tips? All thoughts welcome!
3 years

One thought is if you can adjust what you are wearing? Breathable fabrics (or wicking fabrics), short--sleeves, etc. Keep a sweater handy for when you are just sitting around if you would get cold then.

But you are burning more energy to move that fatter body, which means you are generating more heat. Plus fat does make it a bit harder to dissipate the heat. So overall, yah, sweating more as you get bigger does tend to be a thing.
3 years

CustardCream:Is there anything I can do (changing jobs might be doable in the longer term but not an option at the moment) to help reduce the speed of the sweating? Any tips? All thoughts welcome!

If you figure it out, let me know. I gave up on wearing makeup because my face sweats so much. :/ There is facial antiperspirant designed for people with hyperhidrosis, but I hear it can be hard on the skin, and my skin is pretty sensitive thanks to rosacea.
3 years

Edxl:
One thought is if you can adjust what you are wearing? Breathable fabrics (or wicking fabrics), short--sleeves, etc. Keep a sweater handy for when you are just sitting around if you would get cold then.

But you are burning more energy to move that fatter body, which means you are generating more heat. Plus fat does make it a bit harder to dissipate the heat. So overall, yah, sweating more as you get bigger does tend to be a thing.

Thank you! I think I may have to wear shorts a bit more frequently at work! Luckily I can change what I wear most of the time, so will look at wicking fabrics too.
I have no issue with being the sweaty fat thing, but it's pouring off me! I guess it's gonna just be one of those things!
3 years

sweetfattie:
If you figure it out, let me know. I gave up on wearing makeup because my face sweats so much. :/ There is facial antiperspirant designed for people with hyperhidrosis, but I hear it can be hard on the skin, and my skin is pretty sensitive thanks to rosacea.[/quote]

Thank you for the google adventure! I had no idea hyperhidrosis was a thing, but it looks like I have that - or very similar symptoms.
Sorry you can't try the deodorant, I'm not sure I want to try that if it's hard on skin. Fingers crossed there is a solution out there.
3 years

I've come to appreciate sweating more, since we discovered that my son barely sweats, so very easily overheats and so has to avoid a lot of situations. I don't like dripping and being all glossy and what all, but I do appreciate my body being able to keep me cool.
3 years