Stuffing

Competitive eating training techniques? effectiveness?

Basically what the title says. I wonder if anyone here has tried any of those techniques for expanding capacity? How effective have they been?

Of course, anything you find online might warn you to use water or low calorie foods, and maybe be mindful of how often you do them in order to prevent weight gain and getting fat. Though for many/most of us here, that's precisely what we're trying to do.

Conventional wisdom is to have more calories in than out. But some of us struggle with getting enough calories in from lower capacity and/or a schedule that's not conducive to grazing.
3 years

I can’t wait to hear some of these replies. I’m one of those guys that can’t get enough calories in. I’m just not sure how to increase my capacity for bigger stuffings and bloats and to just gain a bit of weight in general
3 years

I just increase amounts of food at meals. Adding more between snacking helps too. I try to eat large amounts of easily digested foods, I.e. pancakes or rice cakes. I found I got really thirsty with a binge on rice cakes, I drank a lot of water and really got bloated, a good stretching exercise.
3 years

I was unhappy with my capacity about a year ago and made a point to do a water bloat every morning when I first woke up. Before bed the night before, I would pour myself a two liter pitcher of water and let it sit out overnight, then drink it before getting in the shower in the morning. I pushed the speed every day for two weeks until I could do it all in one go. I had no side effects other than not being hungry and having to pee a lot early in the day. I noticed that I was able to eat a lot more at lunch though, which was typically when I pushed myself anyway. I did keep those lunches low calorie high volume because I was not trying to gain, so it was eating three apples and a pear instead of one apple and one pear.
3 years

I was just talking about “working out” to increase my capacity last night. I’ve done consistent bloats in the past to boost how much I can hold and that definitely helps increase capacity over time. The competitive eaters also will go on a liquid diet the day before a contest and I’ve tried that the day before a binge and it works well too.

I think it would also be important to do a food stuffing once a week or every other week on top of the blots to maximize capacity gains. The liquid is good but it passes so quickly that getting a stomach used to the prolonged pressure that food gives would be important to true improved capacity for stuffings.

Right now my daydream is to have a feeder coach to work with me and game plan on techniques to keep growing it and keep track of my capacity gains over time.
3 years