Feedback and suggestions

Profile search is broken

Hi HanSelo,

Thanks for raising this with us. I am not so sure that this is a broken feature but that there are not many profiles within your area, and the search is trying to bring up profiles within the closest possible radius to your search parameters.

However we can get this looked into to double check as we want all of you lovely people to be able to find what and who you are looking for! smiley

c00kie
FF Team
3 years

Profile search is broken

FF Team:
Hi HanSelo,

Thanks for raising this with us. I am not so sure that this is a broken feature but that there are not many profiles within your area, and the search is trying to bring up profiles within the closest possible radius to your search parameters.

However we can get this looked into to double check as we want all of you lovely people to be able to find what and who you are looking for! smiley

c00kie
FF Team

Hi C00kie,

That’s great - thank you. Having browsed the profiles, there are many folks in my local area, so search should be able to find them. It’s so odd how the first few (2-4) results are very close, then they jump to hundreds of miles away.

Thanks again. smiley
3 years

Profile search is broken

Thank you for getting back to me. I will bring this up with the site owner and we can get this looked into!

Apologies for any inconvenience!

c00kie
FF Team
3 years

Profile search is broken

On a similar note, the ordering of profiles options have also been broken for as long as I can remember.

e.g. if I click order by last online I'll get a profile that was online a year ago, then one from today, then another one from 5 months ago, etc.
3 years

Profile search is broken

Sketch:
On a similar note, the ordering of profiles options have also been broken for as long as I can remember.

e.g. if I click order by last online I'll get a profile that was online a year ago, then one from today, then another one from 5 months ago, etc.

Your feedback is really helpful to us so thank you for bringing this up. We can certainly get this looked into for you.

Thanks.

c00kie
FF Team
3 years

Profile search is broken

I would actually replace the distance with countries instead. Or to make it even better; add a country tab and leave the distance tab there with smaller numbers.
2 years

Profile search is broken

Different failure, but profile search failure nevertheless, so putting it in this thread.

1) Search by user name, everything else at defaults.

2) System offers a drop-down with one item: the correct user name. Everything i can visually see looks correct. I select that (one) option.

Expected result: will see the profile, or maybe after one more step.

Actual result: No profile found.

3) Leave the broken search, go to my Following list. Page back, page back, until i find an entry from the desired account. Tap on the account name.

Expected and actual result: i see the (correct) user’s profile, that the search could not find for me.

Spelling etc. is exactly the same as for No profile found (above). No (visible) unusual characters nor other weirdness in the profile name. User has not deleted/re-created their account—same account.

I repeated the initial profile search several times, always getting No profile found.

Brokety broke broke.
Safari 11.1.2 with Javascript enabled, macOS 10.12.6.
2 years