Gaining

Normal sized body, big belly

Is it possible? What would you need to do to gain weight solely in the midsection?
3 years

For me a fairly rapid and unhealthy gain is helping my belly fatten up fast.

In the last month I doubled my daily calorie intake and added plenty of dairy fats, carbs and salty snacks. Everything the diet books say not to do!

I'm slowly increasing my intake every day too with the help of a light gainer shake in the evenings on top of a stuffed belly, bear in mind I'm gaining 3-5 lbs a week on a small frame already I'm not sure I'm brave enough yet for daily cake shakes too but maybe soon..

Anyway doing this has really made me lose all definition in my torso and so far added 6 inches of blubber to my gut.
3 years

ExSkinnyGuy:
For me a fairly rapid and unhealthy gain is helping my belly fatten up fast.

John Smith:
Speaking about "rapid and unhealthy gain" seems quite subjective to me.

What I will delve into is pretty off-topic - and I will make a thread about it any sooner - but how can we define and distinguish a seemingly "average" gain from both slower and quickier tiers of gain?

I think what I was getting at was for me personally to gain in the belly and torso I have to do it fast and cram in on all the bad stuff like trans fats, dairy, carbs and also not exercise so muscle definition goes too. For me that is unhealthy but gets my body to where I want it, soft and out of shape, and I like the wobble in my gut that comes that.

I have gained before in a slower and healthier manner with plenty of whole foods (which does still make up 50% of my cals but now I doubled that with junk) and with a 'healthy' gain and light exercise I grow all over.

I do still want to experiment with pure junk food and gainer shakes, but consuming up to 4000 cals everyday now is a challenge enough.
3 years

becomingoverweight

There you go busting false impressions again! LOL

Thanks for bringing facts to the party.
3 years