Gaining

Size up in jeans?

workingonabelly:
I cannot wear men's jeans anymore smiley

Why not
3 years

Size up in jeans?

And women's pants are better for that? Asking cause it's been happening to me recently
3 years

Size up in jeans?

Fried:
How many pounds do I have to gain to move up a Jean size? Iā€™m currently a 31 at 160lbs and 5ā€™10, looking to eventually fill out a 33.

This question doesn't seem to have a clear answer.

It may be possible to guessimate with linear regression or multiple regression, but that requires a lot of information that so far as I know, doesn't really exist since the sample size is far too small.

In particular, I would need a lot of gainers (male and female) to very regularly measure various measurements over time. I'm also not sure how one might account for genetics. For example, some women are just plain more bottom heavy than others.

Your best best might be the various body visualizers you can find online. However, they too are largely inexact. Though when you adjust one measurement on one, they'll usually compensate the other measurements to match the specified weight, which might get it a little closer.

Regardless, one thing that's clear is there isn't a fixed number. It would take more and more weight, with every additional inch.

To really simplify things, if you consider a circle, it takes more and more area for each additional unit of circumference and especially radius. If you consider a cylinder, it takes more and more volume for each additional unit of circumference or diameter.

Perhaps the good news is that at that size, you probably don't need to gain that much more to go from 31 to 33. Getting from 36 to 38 could be potentially more difficult, and 38 to 40 means even more weight and more food.
3 years

Size up in jeans?

I gained from 119 to 155 at 5ā€˜7, and my jeans size went up from a 29 to a 33 or 34, depending on the brand. I guess it depends on your body shape as well, though. I carry most of my weight in my butt/hips, so I tend to outgrow pants first around the hips, not so much the belly.
3 years