Story authors

Wanted to see what people think about this

I have an idea and I'm unsure of it. So I decided I'll type it up and pitch it to you guys and see what you think about it. After the idea I'll type up my own concerns with the idea to see if you guys agree or disagree with those points.

Here it goes:

Basically the idea is an old school FMV game similar to ones like Night Trap. I haven't figured out the setting yet but basically you'll switch from camera to camera in every room to see what all is happening and experience the story while also having to trap intruders.

Though you also are able to move around the place yourself in first person and will have to in order to solve puzzles. Your goal is to solve the mystery of the place and also get yourself our of there.

How this involves weight gain will be in the story:
Basically you play as an android who wants to become part of the human world but is confined the building as there are no other chargers for her anywhere.

Her friend has now left her in charge of the security system, but today she has resolved to also try and find her way out of here once and for all. Meanwhile the other occupants are all dealing with their own issues and slowly discovering that some sort of advance technology exist in this seemingly not so technical place.

After finally getting synthetic skin for herself and a synthetic stomach to provide herself an ever present power source, she'll venture around the place again to figure out the next step in her plans only to find one of the occupants has been murdered.

No one else is aware that anything has happened, but this gives our android lead an idea. The person in question was a rather large woman, and as anyone knows androids can't gain weight, but our lead knows better. So if she were to gain enough weight to match the size of this occupant then she'd be able to slip out of here quite easily.

Thus begins her quest to gain weight, one where she begins to realize how much she actually likes doing so and discovers who she is as a person, learning more about being human in the process, but also solving the mystery of what's going on here.

Since it is a mystery I won't reveal the ultimate conclusion but I will warn anyone who might be interested that our android lead will start getting into vore before too long. (My apologies to anyone who is against that, I know it upsets some people)

Anyway, that's the idea and now for my thoughts on why it works and doesn't:

The switching between perspectives both allows us to have gameplay and interaction for the story and also has the weight gain story not conflict with the mystery since it would be happening on one camera while the mystery is on another, and this also lets the player choose which they want to watch when.

The problem though is that this game REQUIRES the player to play through it multiple times in order to know when certain things happen (learning when to trap intruders and watch footage for clues can be done on the first time if you're paying attention but will most likely require multiple playthroughs).

This is somewhat fixed by the inclusion of a Theater Mode where you can watch cutscenes after you've beaten the game if you'd like to enjoy them outside of gameplay.

My other concern is that the plot might be too dark for a fetish story or that it just doesn't work for a fetish story regardless. Firstly, I didn't want to include a murder as part of the story but honestly I didn't know how else to make a reason she could assume the identity of someone else.

Maybe she could discover that the large woman wasn't real to begin with, but I'm not sure how that would work. After all how would that tie in with the ultimate conclusion.

The most I can reveal about that is that the way people have discovered the technology of the place was due to most of the intruders being spies for a corporation that deals in advanced electronics (black ops stuff, but people know these people don't mess around and can make tech far superior to anything on the consumer level).

So why would a person already imitating a large person and then you take up the mantle after discovering the truth about her, make sense within this idea? That said, if it could it might be worse than the idea of someone was killed and you assume their place to leave.

Then there's that idea of the fact that you are technically a prisoner in this place also doesn't quite sound so erotic and sounds more disturbing. I'm not even sure if I can say half of the words I've said in this post according to site rules actually. I'm sorry.

In either case I'd be interested in hearing another opinion on this. I hope you guys enjoy this so far and if you have any advice to improve this then I thank you in advance.
3 years

Thank you for saying so, I was hoping people would tell me if they'd be interested in playing it or not once it is finished.

Though now I'm thinking maybe I'll have to make a demo and see if people would be interested in seeing it fully developed.

That said, the challenge of making something like this normally means a demo is impossible without pretty much just making the game. (this requires filming, set design, props, editing, and pretty much other things a film needs) thus I thought this was the only way to see if people would want to play it.

Now though, I might try to see if people would be able to experience what I have in store through a text only demo that would be filmed later. That might be confusing but maybe not, I'll just have to try it.

I think I'll start by making a script format story on this site to see if that's confusing for anybody or if it's okay and then go from there.

We'll see what happens I guess.
3 years

Okay, I decided I won't write in a script format, but I will write in a normal story format because I think I'll like it better to work in for a demo.
3 years

Alright so I have 2 ideas I'm stuck between:

The first is about an android waking up to see that the person who created has been murdered and using psychic powers to solve the crime.

The second is a college professor trying to hide that they are an android and later that they are a voraphile.

So each one has it's own problems that I'm trying to figure out:

The first one works pretty well, but again it's a murder mystery which is something I think doesn't quite go well with a fat fetish story.

The endings I can think of for this also start taking dark turns as I'd need failure paths for the interactive movie to work, and really I'd rather have endings that aren't failures but I don't know how else to encourage the player to try again.

The second idea I haven't been able to figure out how to turn into an interactive film yet, and again I don't really want an ending where she's found out but that's basically how conflict works in a story, if I remove any threat then succeeding becomes worthless.

That said, I'm starting to winder if I should instead do this in a different way. I keep wanting to make an interactive film but maybe this idea doesn't work in one.

All I have for reference on this is either work that isn't part of fat fetishism or is just a Twine adventure or Visual Novel, and while the later two are fine and are also part of fat fetishism, they don't quite help me because they are "too simple" (that sounds mean but let me explain).

Most of the visual novels are dating sims and I'm not interested in making a story like that. I'm interested in exploring the character's own feelings about their weight gain without any encouragement (which could be seen as manipulating in some dating sims and thus also why I'm avoiding it).

The Twine games are also fine, but again most of them are either still a dating sim or are basically just "There's a fat character in it, and they are sexy, but we have other things to do right now" which is again not what I'm trying to do since I have to ask if that even constitutes a fetish story anymore if the fetish is just acknowledged but never explored.

Maybe other games exist that are like what I want to do but I haven't seen them.

I also somewhat feel bad about asking about a game on here since this is about writing stories but to me I'm not making a game but an interactive story.

So I guess I'm not sure how to turn this into an interactive story, I know how to add interactions but I'm not sure what kind of fetish story works with that.

So I have an idea, I'm going to release a guide on how to make interactive stories to see if someone else can solve the problem. I'm going to have to figure out my story some more anyway but unless someone on here knows and is willing to tell me this is the best solution we have for now.

I am willing to make this into a linear and non-interactive story if it turns out to be impossible.
3 years

I actually think the first idea might be the best to create an interactive story. Because if there's a murder, there's a criminal, and a criminal is a perfect threat and a way to create failure conditions.

I don't know anything about the process of making a game/movie tho, I only about the writing stuff part
3 years

I agree, the only thing is I feel it's not really a good subject for a fetish story given how we'll be distracted form the fetish by the murder and from the murder by the fetish content.

Also, I'd think it would turn people off to have a dead body as part of the plot.

Then the failures might also be pretty bad, given it's your life on the line (most likely) and therefore one failure is your death which isn't something you'd want in a fetish story either.

That's part I'm struggling to balance is the fetish aspects of the story with the conflict needed for an interactive story, because like you said, the need for a failure scene would mean we'd need some conflict that isn't related to fat fetishism.

I do have a conflict, her struggling to be human in the way she thinks human are. She starts putting on weight because only humans can do that, but then has the issue of how while she likes gaining weight she's convinced humans do not and that she's wrong for liking it.

In the end she's able to figure out how she's wrong about that and how some humans do like gaining weight, and some humans like to see other humans put on weight.

That works but doesn't set up how one will interact with the story given how this sets us up for a linear progression of her slowly realizing she's already human.

One question could be why does she want to be human and in idea one it is given in the form of her creator being murder means she'll have to get by on her own, but she'll have to convince others that she is a human in order to live in the human world.

The second one gives us the same reasoning but there isn't really anything on what will happen if she fails. What happens if they find out she's not a human? Why would anyone care?

I can think of ideas, but I don't like any of the ideas I come up with honestly (they kill her, she looses her job, she gets chased out of town, etc.)

Maybe we'll figure this out soon enough.
3 years

How about this, I'll write a little demo of how I picture the opening of the game for the first idea in my head and see if people react the to the murder part badly.

If they do then we know not to go that direction, otherwise then I'll go ahead with it.
3 years

Upon further examination and learning more about interactive storytelling, it turns out I was just overthinking it and I don't have to add a murder mystery plot or anything like that to make this interactive.

As promised here's the guide to making interactive stories:
You make a linear story and then think about how and where things could have changed and what leads to that change.

Then you make a new story from the moment of change to the ending. That's it. (I'll expand upon this in the future but this is pretty much it)

That's how I was overthinking it because I thought I needed to do all sorts of other things to figure out the endings but it's actually just this easy instead.

I'll still post a demo of the intro, and then a demo of the game to see how people respond. Thank you all for your help, I think we'll actually be able to make this now.
3 years