Lifestyle tips

I’m afraid my gain is on the brink of getting out of control

When I started gaining, I told myself I’d gain 10 lbs then stop. But when I reached my goal, I didn’t think it was enough, so I told myself I’d gain 10 more.

After that, I still felt like not much had changed, so I told myself I’d stop once I outgrew my jeans.

Well that happened too, but I still felt like not much had changed, so I told myself I’d stop if my friends and family notice my gain.

Well that happened too, and it didn’t have a big of an effect on me as I expected. I hoped the shame would cause me to want to stop gaining, but when my family pointed it out, I just shrugged it off and continued gaining.

When will my gain finally be enough for me?
3 years

I think you'll have a better idea of when you want to stop if you always compare yourself to where you were when you started. That way you can see how big of a gain you have had during your journey.

If you look back 10 lbs ago or whatever, it'll seem like not much has changed, and you won't have the whole perspective, so it's easy to not be satisfied with what you've done.
3 years

Honestly? The first time you moved the finish line was when it became beyond your control. I'm a fan of setting limits, and if I go over the line I cut back and lose. Thing is...I never lose all of it. The result is a more gradual weight gain.
3 years

The problem is, is that if you weigh 200 and set a goal of 400, it is a massive gain. But if you keep setting your goals 20 pounds away. 200, 220, 240, etc., you are not gaining that much towards each goal.
3 years

It may never be enough for you. I know for some of us it has more to do with our addiction to food and stuffing than with the gain. The gaining is a by product of the addiction. This fat gift of ours has a habit of getting us so caught up in eating that we only notice the gain after our mobility changes for the worse.
3 years

WideJuan76:
It may never be enough for you. I know for some of us it has more to do with our addiction to food and stuffing than with the gain. The gaining is a by product of the addiction. This fat gift of ours has a habit of getting us so caught up in eating that we only notice the gain after our mobility changes for the worse.

That is true. I would just say to plan things as best that you can, as you don't want others to have a direct impact on what you do if too dependent on them. Some don't mind making food runs etc until you leave their 'acceptable zone' whether its your breathing/walking etc.
3 years

So I'll add to the "only you'll know what's enough" pile, but I'm also gonna toss in a "stop setting arbitrary goals". You've set a lot of small goals and if they weren't so easily ignored, I'd say that's great and it's what works for you, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Normally, I'd say do controlled gains, but thats not giving you the feeling you want, so maybe just stop stressing over it. Enjoy the ride and if you wake up one day and it's too much or, ideally you find a place you like then stop and if necessary try to lose some. Your goals aren't tied to your feelings about your body, they were tied to numbers and external opinions and clothing limitations. Maybe just have your limit be what makes you happy.
3 years

This kink or fetish is almost an addiction. I have liked fat guys for a long time. I saw pictures of guys, and guys in real life that at the time I thought were really obese. I still found them attractive, I didn’t judge. It was just a matter of perspective and frame of reference. As time went on and I was gaining those guys seemed to be not so obese anymore. As I gained and hit milestones, weights I had never reached before, I thought “that’s all I am?” and pushed to gain more. I didn’t hit my goal, and actually lost unintentionally. I’m gaining again but it’s not enough weight fast enough. In short, we raise the bar. I think something hormonal or in our brain chemistry happens that we don’t think we’re fat enough.
3 years

MarshmallowMinotaur:
This kink or fetish is almost an addiction. I have liked fat guys for a long time. I saw pictures of guys, and guys in real life that at the time I thought were really obese. I still found them attractive, I didn’t judge. It was just a matter of perspective and frame of reference. As time went on and I was gaining those guys seemed to be not so obese anymore. As I gained and hit milestones, weights I had never reached before, I thought “that’s all I am?” and pushed to gain more. I didn’t hit my goal, and actually lost unintentionally. I’m gaining again but it’s not enough weight fast enough. In short, we raise the bar. I think something hormonal or in our brain chemistry happens that we don’t think we’re fat enough.

Being hetero, I would look at some gainers as a measuring stick to get an idea of what to experience when at their weight. It's a different world when experiences are similar and more so when you've passed them while continuing to balloon. Sometimes, you don't think you're "massive" until that day comes and you realize that you are the fattest person some in your circle have ever come across including some strangers. For some 250 is huge, for some its chubby though 375-400 doesn't seem that huge but for some its like your a biscuit away from that tv show.
Best I can say is to prepare as you don't want others having final say in what you do/don't do.
3 years

MarshmallowMinotaur:

NYCBellyBlimp:
Being hetero, I would look at some gainers as a measuring stick to get an idea of what to experience when at their weight. It's a different world when experiences are similar and more so when you've passed them while continuing to balloon. Sometimes, you don't think you're "massive" until that day comes and you realize that you are the fattest person some in your circle have ever come across including some strangers. For some 250 is huge, for some its chubby though 375-400 doesn't seem that huge but for some its like your a biscuit away from that tv show.
Best I can say is to prepare as you don't want others having final say in what you do/don't do.

Both of you guys are spot on. I have always been self conscious about being chubby most of my life but when I got introduced to this life over time it became an addiction because most of us who are courageous enough to gain become sugar and carbohydrate addicts and then we become fat addicts because we like how it feels to not only be fat but now we are in a cycle of gorging and eating and gaining that makes you feel super high. I am straight and I saw other folks with a certain type of fat and both my lady back then and I wanted to see that fat too so we both grew subcutaneous fat and have not stopped since
3 years