Gaining

Past the point of no return

canuck:
i stepped on the scale today... and it said 330... which wasn't really a surprise, but i kind of expect it to, like, level out, you know?

Calorie burning doesn’t increase very much with weight gain if you remain sedentary. You're probably consuming least 7000 calories a week more than you're burning, so you're going to keep gaining. Figure on putting on at least 70 pounds a year, which would bring you to 400+ pounds in 12 months time. Get those 64 inch pants ready!
3 years

For me, I realized I was past the point of no return when I decided to lose a little weight. Got down to 270 from 320, then my body started to fight back... I got absolutely ravenous and it hasn’t stopped. I’ve been gaining back almost a pound a day for the past couple weeks. Up to 285 again already, and I’m just totally giving into it.

I’ve yo-yoed over the years, and every time my low weight gets higher...now it looks like my minimum weight is 270, almost 100 lbs higher than my starting weight, and I’ll probably keep ballooning up until I pass my previous high. May as well just enjoy the ride!
3 years

I got past the point of no return when I saw I lost some weight, my clothes got loose and I didn’t want to buy a smaller size nor could I afford it. I decided to gain the weight back. In truth I’m at that point again. I lost weight unintentionally, found my clothes too big and have decided to grow back into them. Additionally I realized I like being fat. I see pictures of myself weighing less, and I don’t like how I look. I’m definitely past losing weight, and very much wanting to gain again.
3 years

Interesting topic! It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I'm not a foodie, and I'm not a feedee, either. I don't like stuffing myself because it's physically uncomfortable and makes me nauseous. I just like gaining weight.

I am a hard gainer, and have only managed to gain weight thanks to heavy whipping cream. I got up to nearly 300 pounds, and then stopped gaining because it was making it very difficult for me to do my job.

I'm currently looking for another job and have decided to resume my weight gain. When I stepped on the scale to see my starting weight, I was shocked that I had lost weight and was down to 244 pounds. I couldn't believe it, and I felt incredibly bummed out.

I was still almost 80 pounds fatter than my starting weight, but I was expecting my body's set point to be much higher. I certainly was not expecting to lose about 50 pounds over 5 months, without even trying.

While I'm sure that I'll never be skinny again, I don't know that I'll ever reach a point of no return. I'm almost 40 years old, but gaining weight does not come naturally to me. It's not effortless. It always feels like I need to work for every single pound I gain.

Based on my recent weight loss, it seems that I also need to work just to maintain my weight. For anyone interested, I am posting my weight gain progress in the "quarantine gain" thread. I will post updates once per week, on Friday morning.
3 years

WideJuan76:
Agreed. There is a path that is rarely spoken about and that is that mental transition to accepting that your gluttony has become ravenous. I call it REFRAMING; I had to reframe how I saw myself and what being obese was really like and owning the fact that I now have a new normal. I can't run up the steps anymore because my thighs rub together and I have a hanging gut so I had to become mindful of that. When you get this obese, you only want to be around people who love it as well because now eating, sleeping and gaining become your only obsessions and all you will have energy for because you have zero stamina and eventually acceptance just sets in.[/quote]

No lies spoken.
3 years

Neontiger:
For me, I realized I was past the point of no return when I decided to lose a little weight. Got down to 270 from 320, then my body started to fight back... I got absolutely ravenous and it hasn’t stopped. I’ve been gaining back almost a pound a day for the past couple weeks. Up to 285 again already, and I’m just totally giving into it.

I’ve yo-yoed over the years, and every time my low weight gets higher...now it looks like my minimum weight is 270, almost 100 lbs higher than my starting weight, and I’ll probably keep ballooning up until I pass my previous high. May as well just enjoy the ride!

I yo yo a bit also, between say 250 and 300. For me the point of no return is probably 330. At that size even my size 46 pants won't fit. I was close to 300 last summer, might have to see what happens this year. I can gain 15 lbs a month easy.
3 years

fatrnfatr:

Calorie burning doesn’t increase very much with weight gain if you remain sedentary. You're probably consuming least 7000 calories a week more than you're burning, so you're going to keep gaining. Figure on putting on at least 70 pounds a year, which would bring you to 400+ pounds in 12 months time. Get those 64 inch pants ready!

so i checked my calorie log ( i use fatsecret.com) and um i think you're right... which is both exciting and a little frightening!

totally failed to reduce my calories today already... i drove thru at mcdonald's and just got one egg & sausage mcmuffin sandwich... and then i was so hungry i went to another less than 30 minutes later and ordered 4 more!
3 years

was pretty surprised on the weekend to find i'd gained 4 pounds in just one week! that was kind of a shock. i've put on over 50 lbs since halloween without even trying, which kind of scares me a little, to be honest. 350 lbs is way closer than i realized.

so this week i am going to try cutting out beer, and try to resist my girlfriend's baking (no easy task!) and see if i can get things a little more under control. we'll have to wait and see if this helps...
2 years

canuck:
was pretty surprised on the weekend to find i'd gained 4 pounds in just one week! that was kind of a shock.

Similar situation for me at the moment. I've been on a food binge for the last 3 weeks trying to comfort some emotional issues. I finally hopped on the scale again, and I've gained 8kg (17lb ).

It's shocking how quickly you can put weight on without realizing.
2 years

BiteSize:
Oof 😣 Best of luck! Yeah, you’re probably going to have to rein it in from now on to avoid it getting entirely out of hand...

lol! i think it got pretty out of hand about 100 lbs ago! smiley but i know what you mean.

a couple days in with no muffins, cookies or beer... i am already looking forward to this week being over! smiley
2 years
1234   loading